$25 Amazon and Visa gift cards for $20 cash

Here's my update.

The first one I went to was called Murphy USA. You can identify the Murphy USA's because they have only a small booth which the employee sits in. The Murphy USA's don't sell gift cards.

So I went to two of the other kind of gas station, which is called Murphy Express. The Murphy Expresses have a convenience store along with the gas pumps. This offer is for them.

The two employees at the first one didn't know anything about the deal, but they looked it up in their book and verified it. In addition, there was a small sign by the gift cards which said "$5 off all gift cards."

This store was sold out of Amazon cards, but had plenty of Visas. It looks like the Visa card has a $3.95 surcharge ("activation fee"), but the clerk waived that. So I picked up a couple.

The second Murphy Express was sold out of both the Amazon and Visa cards, but they did have $10 Burger King cards. So I picked up a couple of them.