Fathers' Day Promo (2015) at Mosaic - Free/Discounted Shipping

It looks like it's only on the boxes. Just go to any box listing and, if it's on sale, you'll see something like:

The Complete Arista Recordings of Anthony Braxton (#242)

Mosaic Records Limited Edition Box Set

242.jpg{C}{C} "The statement in the music, beyond the music, is that the Arista years and its fruits on record amply embodied a satisfying American flowering of Braxton’s work, in the “jazz” plot of its garden...but in doing so, and moving through flower to airborne pollen, it also showed that moment to be as evanescently improvised, as idiosyncratically composed, as the music itself. " - Mike Heffley, liner notes

Father's Day Promotion
On Sale Thru Sunday June 15th
Regulary $136

Limited Edition: 5000 copies

8 CDs - $122.00

Edited by BeBop

I want the Clifford Jordan set but of course it's not on sale

Me too. I'd probably have bought one this go around if it were included. Eventually I'll take the plunge, sale or not, I'm sure - but it could be a year or more.

BTW, I'm not complaining that it wasn't included. I readily bought the Woody Shaw Muse box, full price. Just a matter of priorities, and cash availability.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

I know people don't rave about it but i've always wanted to get the Joe Pass set... I usually only get Mosaics that i can't live without as i pay the courier fee because, having paid for an expensive set, it's worth paying the additional expense to make sure they arrive safe and sound. I wan't the Pass but not enough to pay the courier fee on top, maybe with the 10% off, i'll just pay standard shipping and just hope for the best.

Just ordered the Earl Hines. Got a lot of it on old LPs but am hoping for completeness, a sonic upgrade, and good liner notes.

How does anyone who has the Hawkins set feel about it? I'm in a similar situation there as with the Hines -- already have a lot of what's on it -- but the Hawkins set doesn't claim to be complete for its period (that would be close to impossible), just adept in in its selections. Do you find that to be so?

I love that Hawk set. I was significantly less familiar with the earlier stuff than the later, but it pulled me in from note one and didn't let go until the end. The story just kept unfolding, every selection being an expansion of the one before it (or so it felt listening to it in as much all-at-once fashion as each day would allow). It's programmed quite,as you say, adeptly.