Al Haig - Invitation

Head Man

Can anyone confirm whether the Japanese version of this album (Somethin' Else TOC-J 50250) has any additional tracks to the eight that are on the original Spotlite CD?

I`ve recently asked for this issue vie the LF thread.......

Here we have the additional 5 tracks listed :

http://www.discogs.com/Al-Haig-Trio-Invitation/release/1712336

A helpfull boardmember linked me to the Amazon.jp site, where one copy is on offer (for 220 USD + postage !!!) - as the info is written in japanese, not sure about the cd`s condition (could be "very good"), but (again in japanese) contentwise 13 tracks are listed......

556e968d4c.jpg

As mentioned i would LOVE to hear these tracks (in whichever form...), but the forementioned offer on Amazon.jp was conditionwise too risky to me...

Hopefully another boardmemner can spread a little bit light (or more...) on that....

Edited by soulpope

• 2 months later...

On the subject of Al Haig, does anyone know if the songs "Loner" and "Barcelona" off of the album "Blue Manhattan" are songs that he composed? I saw a reference somewhere that Barcelona was a Stephen Sondheim song, but when I listened to the original it sounded nothing like what Haig played, at least to my ears.

Edited by Hardbop

• 2 weeks later...