Recommendations for a gift...

My knowledge of various periods of classical music is unfortunately limited (working on it though). I want to buy a friend some music, he loves classical choral music having studied it in University. So for all you choral music lovers out there, is there any recent release, reissue, new release collection on CD that is a must-have for people who love this type of music? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Probably not a good gift choice, but at some point you both might enjoy some of Judith Bingham's work. The one that really hooked me in was Salt In The Blood. No video on You Tube, but there is this, which is nothing like that, except that there are some harmonic choices made along the way that had me looking like a quizzical dog before changing to looking like a happy dog. But a LOTmore in "Salt..." than here.

So, maybe get your friend something else, and get some Judith Bingham for the dog. Then snatch it back for yourself after the dog dies, or whenever else the fair opportunity arises.

She's got a good idea why she does what she does too.

• 1 year later...