Squatty Roo Records - What Kind Of A Bootleg Label Is This?

JSngry

I see a few Ellington (and other) things that look, shall we say, interesting. But is this total POS bootleg, or is there at least a little love in there? Nothing I see has been grey-marketed before to my knowledge, so is this just rips of torrents, or, again, is there a little love in there?

And what's up with that (those?) live Wild Bill Davis side(s)?

Dunno, and the intertubes are singularly unhelpful here thus far. But just searching "Squatty Roo Records" on Google did turn up this pretty cool thing...

sqr.png

http://entertainment.ha.com/itm/music-memorabilia/memorabilia/duke-ellington-squat-squatty-roo-handwritten-score-for-the-true-jazz-fan-few-vintage-documents-would-make-a-more-spect-total-1-item-/a/648-23022.s

• 7 years later...

Squatty Roo is a piece of shit bootlegger recycling a lot of old audience recordings. I made the mistake of buying 2 or 3 of the LPs years ago, issued in cheaply produced jackets by The Old Masters, two of which had some of the last live recordings of Johnny Hodges with Duke Ellington (Duke Ellington Opens The Cave). The graphics and paper quality of Squatty Roo CDs look like the cheapskate owner printed them on his home printer. Don’t waste your money.