Historic LPs for sale

I am in the middle of a large transfer-to-digital thing, and selling a fair amount of LPs that have been moved over; these tend to be important for sonic qualities; reasonably priced, I think, as well. Making room for old age.

1)History of Jazz PIano RCA Black and White series, 3 LPs boxed; James P. , Morton, Waller, Errol Garner, Basies, Newborn, some Bud, Duke, Hines, Tatum, ML Williams. $6 plus shipping (M)

2) Solo Flight: Genius of Charlie Christian - THIS is a 2 LP Columbia gatefold, and the only way you will get his live Minnesota recordings in un-botched sound. $6 plus shipping (M-)

3) Something New Something Blue Columbia Original stereo $8 plus shipping (M-)

4) 10 Years of Black Country Religion black label Yazoo, $20 plus shipping (M-)

5) Mama Let Me Lay It On You (reissued Yazoo) $10 plus shipping (M-)

6) Henry Red Allen with JC Higginbotham and Edmond Hall terrific live shots from '41 and '46 $6 plus shipping (m)

7) Randy Weston Blues Trip LP with Ray Copeland and Frank Haynes. $6 plus shipping (M-)

8) Shades of Bix: Jimmy McPartland and Bobby Hackett 2 lp gatefold. part of Leonard Feather series. great '50 stuff. $7 plus shipping (M)

9) The World of Duke Ellington V. 2 Columbia gatefold, great stuff, '49-'51. $8 plus shipping, (M)

10) Anita O'Day 1949-1950 Rare Tono LP. $8 plus shipping (M)

11) Dave Bartholomew Jump Children Imperial Reissue. Vinyl l looks good, but transferred from some semi-noisy sources. $6 plus shipping. (VG ++)

12) Best of the Blind Boys MCA promo Archie Brownlee is on these $8 plus shipping (M)

13) Cecil Taylor In Transition 2 LP Bluenote gatefold $8 plus shipping (M)

14) The Goldkette Bands "The Sounds of New York V. 3 French RCA $6 plus shipping (M)

my paypal is alowe5@maine.rr.com

email me at allenlowe5@gmail.com

Edited by AllenLowe

I do not think there is anything on it that isn't on those two, no.

here's what's left:

1)History of Jazz PIano RCA Black and White series, 3 LPs boxed; James P. , Morton, Waller, Errol Garner, Basies, Newborn, some Bud, Duke, Hines, Tatum, ML Williams. $6 plus shipping (M)

2) Solo Flight: Genius of Charlie Christian - THIS is a 2 LP Columbia gatefold, and the only way you will get his live Minnesota recordings in un-botched sound. $6 plus shipping (M-)

6) Henry Red Allen with JC Higginbotham and Edmond Hall terrific live shots from '41 and '46 $6 plus shipping (m)

7) Randy Weston Blues Trip LP with Ray Copeland and Frank Haynes. $6 plus shipping (M-)

8) Shades of Bix: Jimmy McPartland and Bobby Hackett 2 lp gatefold. part of Leonard Feather series. great '50 stuff. $7 plus shipping (M)

9) The World of Duke Ellington V. 2 Columbia gatefold, great stuff, '49-'51. $8 plus shipping, (M)

11) Dave Bartholomew Jump Children Imperial Reissue. Vinyl l looks good, but transferred from some semi-noisy sources. $6 plus shipping. (VG ++)

12) Best of the Blind Boys MCA promo Archie Brownlee is on these $8 plus shipping (M)

14) The Goldkette Bands "The Sounds of New York V. 3 French RCA $6 plus shipping (M)

Yes, "Carol/Three Points" is added as Cut 2 of Side 3 of In Transition ("released here for the first time", they say). But it's subsequently been added to the CD version of Love For Sale as the last cut.

Even if you have the CDs, I'd recommend buying the LP set anyway. Nice package (if you're a tactile-oriented person, those "paper bag" BN twofers are a real treat!), and it sounds great as well, especially the Transition date.

here's what's left:

this Ellington is definitely natural mono.

It's the pink one, right? I've had it for years, and agree it sounds great, natural. I figured it was mono, actually. But on the inside jacket, after the liner notes, in fine-ish print, it says "Electronically re-recorded to simulate stereo". Mine's a radio station promo copy, KG 33341. And the white promo labels all say "Stereo" Maybe there was an actual mono issue? Or maybe they just lied about it because it was 1975 and they figured that real mono would turn people off. The only place I see any mention of that re-recorded business is that one spot at the end of the liner notes.

No matter, somebody should buy this. It's a really, really good collection of Ellingtonia, and with "The Clothed Woman" & "New York Blues" leading it off, a pretty damn important one. Definitely a transition period for Ellington, the shift from Greer to Bellson, and from Hodges to Smith occurs right in the middle of Side 3, and, yeah, it's sudden, to put it mildly. But even the "curiosities" like "Joog Joog" are quirky in the way that Ellington's lesser works often were. And oh yeah, You also get "Snibor" and "Monologue". And the original "Jam With Sam".

and here's what's here:

Edited by AllenLowe