All the Things You Are - Baroque Arrangement?

Teasing the Korean

Someplace I have a jazz version of "All the Things You Are" in which the group had done a baroque arrangement, e.g., constructing a counterpoint melody to the baroque-esque chord progression, adding baroque ornamentation, etc.

I thought it might have been MJQ or Lennie Tristano, but I listened to those versions and they weren't the ones. It must have dated from the 1950s or 1960s - certainly not by a jazz artist coming of age in the digital era.

Maybe George Shearing or Nina Simone?

I know this tune has been done to death. Can anyone help me remember which version this is?

Thanks in advance.

What's the instrumentation? That might help.

I remember the lines more than the instrumentation. One instrument is playing the melody, and a second melodic instrument is doing an 8th-note counter-melody with descending lines and baroque ornamentation. Drums and bass are fairly minimal IIRC, until the solos kick in. In my mind, I can hear Milt Jackson and John Lewis, but I can also hear Paul Desmond and Gerry Mulligan.

Sorry to be so vague...

Although not the recording you mean, the guitarist Jimmy Wyble did a Quintet recording of ATTYA in the style you mention.

The weird instrumentation was guitar, accordion, clarinet, bass and drums.

I think Desmond, Brubeck and that tenor player they used to play with (Dave K.?) did a Baroque version of it in the 50s.

It's a fifth fall chain that lends itself to Bach quotes.

What's the instrumentation? That might help.

I remember the lines more than the instrumentation. One instrument is playing the melody, and a second melodic instrument is doing an 8th-note counter-melody with descending lines and baroque ornamentation. Drums and bass are fairly minimal IIRC, until the solos kick in. In my mind, I can hear Milt Jackson and John Lewis, but I can also hear Paul Desmond and Gerry Mulligan.

Sorry to be so vague...

how about the Desmond/Mulligan version from Two of a Mind?