Michael Garrick Question

Moko

I found yesterday a copy of a 1969 MIchael Garrick LP called "A Jazz Cantato (For Martin Luther King)" it states on the back that it was only sold to Participants, Parents and Friends of the Farnham Festival 1969 so I'm guessing this was a private label release but if anyone has any further information I would be most grateful.

Here's the front cover

f2fb35f7-8ff3-4460-8718-c33bb845510b_zps

And the back cover

601a9ded-bb38-436e-aeb3-00938e402016_zps

As you can see it also features Ian Carr & Dan Rendell so a pretty impressive line up.

Edited by Moko

Do you have a link to the EBay sale as I couldn't find any results when I searched earlier for the LP?

Thanks for the reply

Do you have a link to the EBay sale as I couldn't find any results when I searched earlier for the LP?

Thanks for the reply

There's a brief mention in Garrick's biography of a 1969 performance at the Farnham Festival, which seems to be a trial run of 'Mr Smith's Apocalypse' so maybe this is it. Garrick had very strong working links with Hampshire Schools at around this time, which might be the reason this concert was done and the LP pressed. What a find !

Looks like the original owner of this LP must have lived in Charlton, South London.

Edited by sidewinder