Has Sam Rivers' BN "Beatrice" appeared on any comps?

Rooster_Ties

I met an actual "Beatrice" the other day (African-American, probably in her late 20's, I'm guessing -- a 'pharmacist-tech' at the CVS near where I live) -- and I wanted to pass along a recording of Sam's original version for Blue Note (and a real CD would be preferable, rather than a burn).

Short of the "Fuchia Swing Song" CD itself, and the Mosaic "Complete BN Recordings" set -- has Sam's original version for Blue Note ever found its way on any CD compilations?

I'm seeing that used copies of various CD reissues (the Conn, and Japanese reissues) are going for kinda stupid money these days online -- but FSS appears to have been one of those "blue and orange covers" Spanish CD issues back in the late 90's (weren't they around that time?). Is that the only way to go to find something more affordable?

Hard to believe, with ALL the Blue Note compilations over the years, that the original "Beatrice" never made it on any.

The AMG doesn't seem to think there are any comps with it, or am I overlooking some European BN comps?

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Don't forget the EXCELLENT Joe Henderson version on one of the Village Vanguard cds. I know, not Sam's original version, but a helluva version.

I think in this case AMG is correct, unfortunately.

Edited by jazzbo

This is fairly cheap: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007ZIZ1Y/ref=dm_ws_ps_cdp?ie=UTF8&qid=1406719548&s=music&sr=8-2

I do agree with Lon that Joe's version is well worth getting. I prefer it to Sam's original.

I saw that late last night (hadn't had the chance to post about it), but wasn't able to tell if it was some sort of remix, or the original. Full-length track seemed to be available on Grooveshark, but I couldn't seem to get it to play. Anyone know?

Be careful, you might get yourself a date!

Maybe that's why he's not going the mix tape route. :P

(If you've never heard the song Mix Tape from Avenue Q, it's worth listening to. Though to be honest, I find the soundtrack really picks up a few songs later with You Can Be As Loud As the Hell You Want! :o )