Art Pepper with Duke Jordan - Live in Copenhagen

GA Russell

This is another of Laurie's download releases. $10.00.

http://artpepper.bandcamp.com/album/in-copenhagen

I have had a 2 CD set of this material for quite a few years. I very much enjoyed hearing Art play with a legendary pianist

that had never previously recorded with Pepper.

Yes, something about playing with Jordan especially inspired Art Pepper that night.

I have a lot of Pepper, and wouldn't call this top-tier. Art and Duke don't mesh that well (possibly for the reasons Laurie mentions), everyone sounds tired, and sound quality isn't great.

Though perhaps this is not the very best Art Pepper session, it is still quite a good one. Duke Jordan plays well, and contrary to what mizee said, the audio quality is fine.

I have a lot of Pepper, and wouldn't call this top-tier. Art and Duke don't mesh that well (possibly for the reasons Laurie mentions), everyone sounds tired, and sound quality isn't great.

Though perhaps this is not the very best Art Pepper session, it is still quite a good one. Duke Jordan plays well, and contrary to what mizee said, the audio quality is fine.

:tup:w !!

He became better and better and better. I must admit, I didn´t pay very much attention to his playing when he was a member of the Charlie Parker Quintet and - not talking about Bud - , I preferred Al Haig, sometimes John Lewis and Tadd filling in that role, and I wasn´t somehow influenced by Miles´bashing, it was a long time before "his" book came out.

But the Duke Jordan from about 1960 on, during the following decades - fantastic !

• 5 years later...