I'm sad

David Ayers

Well after all the anger, the rush to the boats, the colonization of distant outposts, the destruction of local cultures and the imposition of our own (What have the BNBBers ever done for US...?), after all of that, I am going to come right out and say it.

I am sorry that the BNBB is gone! We didn't know how lucky we were, until someone picked up the stone and looked at what the insect life was up to.

Damn!

Let's not be sad about the world we live in, but optomistic for what the future holds. We have have a great opportunity here to surpass what was good about bnbb, thanks to b3-er! It's all what we make of it. Who knows, mabe in a few months nobody will even remember what bnbb stands for!

Heck, I even miss the fights in the political forum.

You want a piece of me? Lets go! :D:D

I just checked over at the old board and its really turning into a sewer there! Those remaining are working over-time to have them pull the plug on the whole mess. There is no reason for posting filth like they have under the Artists Forum. I hope that rather than let the whole thing die, that they'll remove the cancerous cells.......

I just checked over at the old board and its really turning into a sewer there! Those remaining are working over-time to have them pull the plug on the whole mess. There is no reason for posting filth like they have under the Artists Forum. I hope that rather than let the whole thing die, that they'll remove the cancerous cells.......

It's kinda hard to believe, to see it now, how many hours I used to spend at the BNBB. What a sad and empty end to what used to be great. :(

The BNBB, it's like a boomtown gone bust.

David you are so right. The BNBB's was the best place, and I am also sorry it's gone.

It makes me even more sad to see what the hell is going on there now.

I see no chance it ever returns to anything close to what it was.

Everybody seems to be in a funk.

I'm staying away from the political threads only because I am still somewhat in a state if shock.

That ain't gonna' last. <_<

People seem to be very sensitive and confused about loyalty to boards and where they best fit in.

So I feel getting into someones shit over over politics could make them decide, "well this place is not for me', and try another.

The group is kind of splintered now among three places.

In the end this will all work out, some will find a permanent home, others will keep cruising between, and some may just disappear.

That is a sad thought, but I think in the end the core will remain close. This will pass my friends.

Now I suggest you all lobby Dan (GHF) to bring those damn Aric threads over here.

A good laugh is always welcome, no?

Sad about the demise of the BN Board? Me? Not any more.

I waited until I could make a clean break, made it, and am now moving on. If they bring it back, I'll check it out, but the good thing about not reacting immediately out of pure emotion (and MAN was I tempted to) is that when you can make a clean break in YOUR mind, there's no lingering sentiment, and I have none.

It WAS great, but it's over. That crop's done been harvested and turned over. Time to plant a new one.

I am sorry too. I also hope that some of the administrators of this board and the AAJ are able to nip in bud the stench from the old board that is making its way over to the new. I can do very well without "The Best of Aric" and those gross fart posts!

Edited by Out2Lunch

Everyone probably sees aric in a different fascination-to-disgust ratio. I do miss him, and I’ll say it again; for strictly selfish reasons. I think he sparked my BNBB creative juices to no end. Crafting responses to his stuff was very entertaining —if only to me. Perhaps it was not a terribly ethical thing to do, but that’s what happened.

I’m not interested in resurrecting his posts, but for a variety of reasons, I can understand why folks do.

I agree with JS. Sure, it's sad but it's time to move on. If we're looking for people to blame, let's look at ourselves and the administrators. The Misc. Non-Music Forum was out of control and BN didn't pay much attention for a long time and then they took a sledgehammer when some careful chiseling was needed. Sometimes change is good and we can thank B3er for this site. Hopefully, we'll resurrect what was good and learn. The BNBB was special and hopefully this place can become a special site for us too.