THEO - my new progressive rock project

Jim Alfredson

EDIT: The album is completed and available here - THEO at the Big O Store

I've been busy the last three years or so writing and recording a progressive rock album. The band is called THEO (my middle name is Theodore) and the album opens as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_6OXW_cDO0

That's about half the first song. The first three songs are interlinked, about 30 minutes long all together, and deal with themes of corporatism. Hey, it's prog. :)

For those interested, there's a FB page and a very simple website up. I'm going to launch a crowd-funding campaign soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting interview, Jim. Looking forward to hearing this - having recently become interested in some of the contemporary bands in this area, it will fit in nicely. Especially intrigued by your comment about the prog-metal nature of some of the current bands. That's something I have to work past.

I'd only disagree on one point - don't put away the mellotrons!

• 2 weeks later...

I love the Mellotron but I do think it is over-used. I use it on THEO but only on two songs and it's layered in with other sounds so as not to be obvious.

Speaking of, only a few days left to order via PledgeMusic before the campaign closes. I've got lots of t-shirts, keychains, and other merch left.

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/theo

• 5 weeks later...