THEO - my new progressive rock project

Jim Alfredson

Just listened, Jim.

Really enjoyed the album. You can hear the Genesis (I'd go further and say 'Lamb' era Genesis) inspiration. Which is not a criticism in any shape or form. I've long felt the critical insistence on the eternally new leads to all sorts of avenues that have only just started to be opened up being left behind as the next stylistic fashion sweeps in.

Strong songs, lots of the key changes I love from the original era and some great soloing.

You can be proud of it.

• 4 weeks later...

Just listened, Jim.

Really enjoyed the album. You can hear the Genesis (I'd go further and say 'Lamb' era Genesis) inspiration. Which is not a criticism in any shape or form. I've long felt the critical insistence on the eternally new leads to all sorts of avenues that have only just started to be opened up being left behind as the next stylistic fashion sweeps in.

Strong songs, lots of the key changes I love from the original era and some great soloing.

You can be proud of it.

Thank you very much. Yes... The Lamb was a huge inspiration on my musical development. I lived and breathed that album my junior and senior years of high school. And I also agree that many paths were left unexplored in music and I've been attempting to discover them for years, including my work with organissimo.

I posted a full song on YouTube so people can get a feel for the record.

The video is also on Facebook via this link. If you click on that and SHARE it on FB, you're automatically entered to win a $100 gift card from Amazon. No strings attached, it's as easy as clicking "SHARE". The gift card will be given away on the date of release, which is Jan 27th, 2015.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Just bumping an old thread to say how darn much I'm still enjoying Theo, which is a favorite for when my wife and I are on our occasional road-trips (couple times a year, usually) - not that it doesn't get other spins at home too.

Jim, if you ever have any interest in doing another Theo prog-type release, I'm definitely in!  Hell of a great album, one for the ages!!

• 1 year later...