RIP Lauren Bacall

Lauren Bacall has died. RIP. She was a favorite of mine. One of my all time favorite movies was Key Largo with Humphrey Bogart.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/lauren-bacall-star-of-hollywoods-golden-age-dies-at-89-1201281523/#

You notice that deaths come in three, Robin Williams, now Lauren Bacall.

Edited by Hardbopjazz

Sure outlived Bogart by a stretch.

He was double her age when they met ... love the films they made together!

She had a long life ... and had some great parts late in her career too (such as in Lars von Trier's "Dogville" - she was pretty darn great there, I found).

She is rightfully a screen legend.

I saw her on stage in the musical Woman Of The Year. She wasn't exactly what one would call a singer, but she could put the songs over by sheer dint of personality.

I like the old radio series, Bold Venture, she and Bogart did together. Not great drama by any means, but more of that wonderful interplay by the two stars.

Her voice was something else - one to hear and ..... R.I.P. - I'll never forget that sound.

Her speaking voice, yes! But the story (possibly apochryphal) is that a very young Andy Williams recorded the vocal tracks for Ms. Bacall... Anyone know for sure?

The answer apparently is “no.”

If we believe Williams’ account, he did dub her voice for “How Little We Know,” but her actual singing voice was used in the film because his dubbed version did not match her speaking voice closely enough.
Further: