mjzee

SteepleChase new releases

85 posts in this topic

Release date November 15:

71a028i-b%2BL._SL1417_.jpg

Release date October 15:

71InEVCXfQL._SL1417_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll have to pick up that new Cuber disc. Killer band behind the man with the big horn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

I'll have to pick up that new Cuber disc. Killer band behind the man with the big horn.

At Schuller's? :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sonnymax said:

At Schuller's? :wacko:

I can't tell if it's supposed to be Schuller's (as in Gunther Schuller?) or Scullers. I know that Joe Farnsworth was on the drums the last time Ronnie played at Scullers, but I don't remember the pianist and bassist. I do remember it was a great show. I think it was quite a long time ago too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Release date November 15:

8121NLNpNkL._SL1429_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

I can't tell if it's supposed to be Schuller's (as in Gunther Schuller?) or Scullers. I know that Joe Farnsworth was on the drums the last time Ronnie played at Scullers, but I don't remember the pianist and bassist. I do remember it was a great show. I think it was quite a long time ago too.

In fact, it could be a nod to Gunther and family. Perhaps it was recorded at the Newton, MA studio owned by GM Recordings, founded by Schuller. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Release date October 15:

81KI2882R1L._SL1417_.jpg

916OPU6B9bL._SL1417_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now this is strange.  It shows up on Amazon as "Live at Scullers."

 

71bqL6lUSSL._SL1429_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jazztrain said:

Now this is strange.  It shows up on Amazon as "Live at Scullers."

It does now, but up until last night or this morning, it said "At Schuller's". Hopefully, this was just a web-related typo that's been corrected. Otherwise, the label might have to re-do the booklet before shipping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jazztrain said:

Now this is strange.  It shows up on Amazon as "Live at Scullers."

Well, if it is "Live at Scullers", you'll be hearing me in the audience. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

Well, if it is "Live at Scullers", you'll be hearing me in the audience. :)

I'd better not hear you talking during the bass solos. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sonnymax said:

I'd better not hear you talking during the bass solos. :P

Are eye rolls audible? :) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2018 at 8:14 AM, jazztrain said:

Now this is strange.  It shows up on Amazon as "Live at Scullers."

 

71bqL6lUSSL._SL1429_.jpg

I just got an e-mail that that this release is delayed. I'm guessing that it's due to the need for new artwork:

71GeSjyom6L._SL1417_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2018 at 6:23 AM, Kevin Bresnahan said:

I just got an e-mail that that this release is delayed. I'm guessing that it's due to the need for new artwork:

71GeSjyom6L._SL1417_.jpg

I just got notice that it's cancelled. So "Live at Schuller's" became "At Scullers", then "Straight Street" and finally to "Cancelled". :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Release date April 15:

71fER0-K96L._SL1417_.jpg

61wSHKcRA4L._SL1417_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2019 at 6:29 AM, Kevin Bresnahan said:

I just got notice that it's cancelled. So "Live at Schuller's" became "At Scullers", then "Straight Street" and finally to "Cancelled". :)

No longer "cancelled", but still a little sketchy. Received an email from amazon today saying that it's available - from one marketplace seller in the U.K. ?!  Luckily, it's listed in the SteepleChase catalog and now available for streaming from Spotify (I don't buy CDs anymore).

716043186020_01_001_SAMPLE-mp3-image.jpg

Edited by sonnymax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Release date February 15:

71OMBl2MjjL._SL1417_.jpg

41kLG2vcrTL.jpg

710o-ST8uiL._SL1417_.jpg

Release date March 15:

713j93g3bEL._SL1429_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Release date March 15:

71mEEjcrApL._SL1417_.jpg81ubtsoGNQL._SL1417_.jpg

Release date May 15:

71-QOlL2eML._SL1417_.jpg71o7Jx89azL._SL1417_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 11:34 AM, sonnymax said:

No longer "cancelled", but still a little sketchy. Received an email from amazon today saying that it's available - from one marketplace seller in the U.K. ?!  Luckily, it's listed in the SteepleChase catalog and now available for streaming from Spotify (I don't buy CDs anymore).

716043186020_01_001_SAMPLE-mp3-image.jpg

I finally received my copy from this UK seller and I am glad to hear this (again?). If it's live from the Scullers Jazz Club, it doesn't mention it anywhere in the artwork. No mention of the recording location at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Scullers wasn't playing ball on the recording being issued? So they are going stealth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Danko / Knuffke: Play Date is excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.