Ever have to get a restraining order on someone

If they're violating the restraining order, have them arrested. Just get evidence. Go get a phone taping device and the next time they call, state, "I am recording this". Once they talk, you have the evidence you need. If they're really stupid, they'll say something bad that gets them thrown in jail.

If they ever harass you in person, videotape it.

Another way to do it is to have a voice mail system or account put on your phone, especially one that allows you to monitor the call as it is in progress. Let all calls go to voice mail. If your harasser speaks during the VM, you will have evidence. The VM will also log the caller's number. If it is someone else calling, you can just pick up the phone or call back. The thing is not to answer the phone directly.

If I'm reading the OP correctly, there is no restraining order in effect. Have you tried blocking the person's number? When blocked, your phone will ring once, then stop. I believe the other person gets a recorded message that their call is being blocked.

Just curious. What kind of situation are you're involved in, and why do you think the other person feels the need to contact you?

Had a similar situation once, many moons ago. My story really won't help you, but this thread triggered the memory.

This cat started calling our house out of the blue. He wasn't really abusive, or harassing us in what I would consider a criminal fashion. Just constantly calling us and making all sorts of nonsensical comments. Very strange cat.

This went on for about a week or two.

Luckily, we had caller I.D. so I knew his name and phone number. With a little due diligence I found out where he lived, and took a little trip over to his place one morning. I didn't confront him, or anything like that, just soaked in a good description of his house and got his license plate number.

The next night he called. I answered, and greeted him by name. I then told him where he lived, described his house to him in detail, gave him his license plate number and told him if he called our house again, I'd be paying HIM a house call (which, even as bold as I was, I probably wouldn't have ever done).

*click*

Never heard from him again.

There are some seriously damaged goods out there, folks.

Soul, my resolution doesn't strike me as being an option for you, but I would highly recommend you take the advice Kevin and leeway have offered. And good luck. It's a really crappy situation to find yourself in.