For those who have an original NY USA issue of "Destination Out&#3

After just listening to my second(!) visually NM stereo NY USA copy of this fantastic album I am again annoyed at the soft audible crackling in the quiet spots...particularly noticeable during "love and hate" which is the first track on side one.

Both my copies of this record have a deep groove on one side and the "ear" in dead wax.

Before I go insane and/or broke trying to find a quiet original pressing I wanted to ask the people on this forum who may have his album as an original pressing if they have the same issues with their copy? The vinyl has no visible marks whatsoever but a distinct soft crackle is audible!

Just curious...if anyone has an absolute dead-silent original pressing I'd love to know..at least it would give me hope such a thing exists!

I'm bringing it to a friend's place to clean it this weekend. He has a nitty gritty machine and all types of cleaning fluid. Fingers crossed!

It's one of my favorite blue notes of all time...I'd happily pay $50 for a King copy and not sure what I'd pay for an original. I paid $150 for my first copy and $95 for my second. Both looked NM but sadly both play more VG+!!

Would appreciate hearing back on those mono copies..maybe I need a mono issue?

Home - My copy turns out to be NY USA stereo with the 'ear', no deep groove. I'm playing 'Love and Hate' at the moment. Just a few soft crackles towards the beginning and end of this track but nothing significant. The sonics on this pressing sound pretty nice on the whole.

I'll see if I can find/dig out my King pressing later on. Have a 'Music Matters' 45rpm copy to check against as well.

Edited by sidewinder

Thanks for the report...the crackling is soft on my two copies as well but it sort of drives me nuts as the music on this track is so dynamic that I find the crackling quite distracting even though it is well below music level.

I'm too lazy for the 45 rpm set; an audiophile friend of mine has the complete set of these and he has made me some CD recordings of some select titles including this one.

I'm now trying to find a King pressing - I think this is the way to go for me. I have the Connoisseur CD of this session too.

My hope is that Music Matters will issue this in their 33rpm series eventually!

I have a Liberty stereo (Van Gelder in dead wax) and it plays quiet through out Love And Hate. There is a whooshing sound in the lead in groove, but that goes away when the music starts. IMO the Music Matters 45 rpm sounds better; less compression and sounds more open.

I would think that a Plasylite pressing without surface noise should exist? I have many that play reissue quiet.

Edited by Deepak