Can't take the heat?

The Groper

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

Ya know how ol' "COW PLOP" got his handle??

Ev'ry time he gets that shit eatin' grin on his puss it looks like..

....A WAGON TRACK THROUGH A "COW PLOP".

Ol' "COW PLOP" don't go fer no ridin' side saddle. (Him and that COW *POKER*, Christiern, ain't gonna be swappin' no spit any time real soon)

When he rides inta town it's gonna be HIGH NOON TIME ALL OVER AGIN.

DEEP

Edited by DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

Hey, Groper, do you really think there's an "anti-CW bias" here? If so, you need to poke around a bit more. Check out the laudatory posts concerning Bob Wills, Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Buck Owens, etc. I think you'd be surprised. Is there an "anti-Deep bias" among some of us? Well, yeah; some people just can't stand a noisy smelly drunk. Call it a personal failing if you wish.

By the way, sis anyone else bothered by Groper's new "Sad troll" designation the way I am? What the hell's the difference between this and calling a poster a "twerp"? It comes off pretty chicken shit if you ask me. Not that anyone did, of course, but still...

What the hell's the difference between this and calling a poster a "twerp"? It comes off pretty chicken shit if you ask me. Not that anyone did, of course, but still...

When "THE PULERS" sign up a POSTER BOY....

....THE GIG IS HIS!!

I SWEAR..SOME PEOPLE WOULD COMPLAIN IF YOU HANGED'EM WITH A NEW ROPE.

DEEP

Go back in your corner and play with yourself, little man...

CASE IN POINT.

HE'S REHEARSING FOR THE AUDITION!!

Under normal circumstances I would recommend some tutoring from Albertson but this DILD has already got it down.

DEEP

baby.jpg

deus(BAG),

I couldn't have expressed any more eloquently or succinctly.

Jazzmoose is the only DILDY who could possibly fall in a TUB OF TITS and come up....SUCKING HIS THUMB!!(Well maybe not the ONLY Dild....but he's the DILD du jour)

CLASP !!

DEEP

Moose, the Hank Williams I mentioned was Hank Williams JR, not the great Hank Williams Sr, dead at twenty-nine, a legend in his own time.

Booze and drugs destroyed Hank the first, before it was fashionable, back on New Year's Day, 1953. His entire career was crammed into four years, ALL of it on the road.

His compositions, "You Win Again" "Kawliga", "Your Cheatin' Heart", "Hey Good Lookin' ", "Jambalaya", "Cold Cold Heart", "Settin' The Woods On Fire" and "I Saw The Light" among tons of others. Not bad, for a four year career. Jones probably comes the closest, for me, to being a C+W singer, still alive today, with an honest message, who is not an obscenely nouveau riche poseur, much like some politicians who pretend to be ordinary folks. :w

I'm not a huge country music aficianado, but Hank Sr and George Jones are guilty pleasures of mine. "You Win Again" and "He Stopped Loving Her Today" invariably bring a tear to this scribe's eye.

Hank Jr is a poseur, compared to his daddy, IMO.

So, it's not that I don't appreciate good C+W music. There just isn't much I can get with these days.

Sorry, Patricia, I didn't notice your reference, only Groper's reaction.  I have no use for Jr. either, but see nothing "guilty" in the pleasure of listening to Hank Williams! Or Wills, Bill Monroe, Jimmie Rodgers (the REAL one, of course!), etc.  Great stuff!

I tend to think of Williams and Jones as as well as Don Gibson, as being the equivilant of some of the great blues singers, both genres having a spiritual kinship with the original jazz singers.

REAL C+W, like the original r&b comes from adversity and struggle, but by poor white people, Charlie Pride notwithstanding. The originals were real, expressing first hand experiences much like the troubadours of centuries gone by. They are historians, of a kind, if you will.

Stack that against Dwight Yoakum with his posing and tight jeans, big hat etc. and the exorable Hank JR. No comparison.

It pains me to hear the commercial dreck that passes as C+W today. No soul. No heart. No passion. Just the deafening sound of CA CHING!!! Obscene!!!!

I was actually going to apologize for digressing from JAZZ, when I realized that nobody's really talking about JAZZ on this thread, exclusively, although there has been some passing mention of it.

For some reason, I was thinking of Louis Armstrong's totally mirrored bathroom, photographed in LIFE magazine, years ago. Such ostentatiousness, I remember thinking at the time.

Of course, that was before we started seeing present day C+W artists' and Rap Artists' houses. Conspicuous consumption, turned into a virtue. Pinky rings with diamonds the size of Victorian glass doorknobs, and gold jewelry by the pound, worn all at once. Tacky. Tacky. :rolleyes:

Edited by patricia

By the way, sis anyone else bothered by Groper's new "Sad troll" designation the way I am? What the hell's the difference between this and calling a poster a "twerp"? It comes off pretty chicken shit if you ask me. Not that anyone did, of course, but still...

Ha... I hadn't noticed that. That's pretty funny.

By the way, sis anyone else bothered by Groper's new "Sad troll" designation the way I am?  What the hell's the difference between this and calling a poster a "twerp"?  It comes off pretty chicken shit if you ask me.  Not that anyone did, of course, but still...

Ha... I hadn't noticed that. That's pretty funny.

Hey Moose,

CLASP !!

Looks like you passed phase one of your PULER POSTER BOY audition.

Now it's just a matter of gettin' through BIG BROTHER GOOBER !!

Once GOOB gives ya' the thumbs up YOU'RE ON YOUR WAY TO THE BIG TIME, KID!!

DEEP

Yes, we can change your title. I was going to save such an honor for people who get to a certain posting mark, but Sangry's so far ahead of the pack, what's the point? :)

B,

Can we change GOOBER to HERMAN MUNSTER?? (Not that you'd be Eddie Munster or anything like that)

DEEP

There is no Santa Claus, just unofficial representatives, in fake beards on every street corner.

There is no Easter Bunny, as evidenced by the pictures of him supposedly carrying a basketful of chocolate eggs. Faked, obviously, since rabbits have no opposable thumb.

Similarly, there is no BIG BROTHER GOOBER. A goober is a peanut, and peanuts are not in positions of power and authority. So, rest easy. :w

Some of those definitions are simply brilliant. My fav?

goober

yur dumb friend dat don't know sheit

Mike is a goober

definition provided by Hot Diggity. The definition of goober or other words, or any other opinions expressed by Hot Diggity do not represent the sentiments of this poster or the Organissimo posting forums. The surgeon general has determined that definitions may cause loose stool. Void where prohibited.

Some of those definitions are simply brilliant. My fav?

goober

yur dumb friend dat don't know sheit

Mike is a goober

definition provided by Hot Diggity. The definition of goober or other words, or any other opinions expressed by Hot Diggity do not represent the sentiments of this poster or the Organissimo posting forums. The surgeon general has determined that definitions may cause loose stool. Void where prohibited.

Love it. Love it!!! :D

OR to quote one of our own frequent and succinct posters,

:blink: DUH!!!

Although it's always risky to describe someone else as a goober, or as less than brilliant. We never know when any one of us, having said something really stupid, may have to take over the wearing of the designated GOOBER HAT. I believe that it is a purple and puce beanie, with eighteen giant plumes affixed. :blink:

Edited by patricia