Organissimo Football Pool 2014

vajerzy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough competition this year, and I'm struggling to stay afloat. I gave up cable earlier this year and have no tv channels at all. I think this might have some effect on my picks. I think I've seen two football games so far this season. But I've still got the internet! Have to pick up my game here.

I'm curious, since we all did it. Does anyone remember why you picked Tampa Bay? I sure can't.

Tough competition this year, and I'm struggling to stay afloat. I gave up cable earlier this year and have no tv channels at all. I think this might have some effect on my picks. I think I've seen two football games so far this season. But I've still got the internet! Have to pick up my game here.

Confession time: the last football game I watched was the Superbowl that the Falcons lost to the Broncos. :g

I'm curious, since we all did it. Does anyone remember why you picked Tampa Bay? I sure can't.

Confession time: the last football game I watched was the Superbowl that the Falcons lost to the Broncos. :g

I thought that Tampa Bay had a decent defense, Teddy Bridgewater had thrown a bunch of picks (i.e., one touchdown against five picks) in the previous two games, and the Bucs were playing at home. I don't know what the line was, but I would be interested to know.

Of course, I am also biased by my dislike of the "other" (i.e., Bears, Lions, and Vikings) NFC North teams.

I, also thought the Vikings were "just that bad," that I put them down for a loss automatically. The one pick I've been kicking myself about is the 49ers over the Broncos, I mean, Denver never losses early games at home, just playoff games. Because of that, I'm looking at the rear end of a moose!

Edited by Matthew

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At the risk of sounding like a jackass (again), now that there are only four weeks left and it is still a very close contest, from here on out may we please revert to the rule that, if you do not make your picks on time, you are deemed to have selected the favored team? (In the event that the line is even, you will be considered to have chosen the home team.)

This is NOT about trust, so please do not be insulted. This post is also not directed to anyone in particular.

However, you must remember that:

1) All games have rules.

2) No one can actually know what teams they would have chosen if they had made their selections timely.

3) There is nothing stopping anyone from submitting all of their picks well in advance on Tuesday morning and then revising those picks later.

4) The position that you are deemed to have selected the favored team if you forgot to timely submit your picks is actually a very generous one.

I realize that the Thursday games might have thrown people (I almost forgot them); I hope that everyone had a great (hopefully, extended) Thanksgiving weekend.

P.S.: If I don't win this year, I hope that jazzmoose or "Matthew Willi" does.

Love,

Ed

Edited by Edward

Fuck it. I'll just forget it.

Don't forget it. Your Detroit pick pushes you into the lead. Moreover, under the proposed rules, the result would be no different because you chose the favored team for all three Thanksgiving games - I think that the line for the 49ers-Seahawks game was even, but you chose the home team.

Again, my post was NOT directed at you or anyone in particular. The contest is very close this year, and I do not want anyone to have any misgivings during the end stretch because someone declares that they would have chosen such-and-such underdog after kickoff.

Edited by Edward

Blew it...I'll take Detroit, Dallas and SF if possible...

Moose- I entered these picks for you- a little late but they're in.

Somehow I picked the games for my other team this week

So my team I've been picking all season

shows I didn't make any picks

I should have 65 points

Thanks

I can fix this- what week are we talking about?

I moved your picks from the duplicate to the original.

Maybe you should just delete that extra account, since it's not being used and has never had picks made for it.

I'm not sure which account it is- since they're the same name I can't tell which one to delete- if you can change the name to something other than Soulstation1 then I can delete it.

At the risk of sounding like a jackass (again), now that there are only four weeks left and it is still a very close contest, from here on out may we please revert to the rule that, if you do not make your picks on time, you are deemed to have selected the favored team? (In the event that the line is even, you will be considered to have chosen the home team.)

This is NOT about trust, so please do not be insulted. This post is also not directed to anyone in particular.

However, you must remember that:

1) All games have rules.

2) No one can actually know what teams they would have chosen if they had made their selections timely.

3) There is nothing stopping anyone from submitting all of their picks well in advance on Tuesday morning and then revising those picks later.

4) The position that you are deemed to have selected the favored team if you forgot to timely submit your picks is actually a very generous one.

I realize that the Thursday games might have thrown people (I almost forgot them); I hope that everyone had a great (hopefully, extended) Thanksgiving weekend.

P.S.: If I don't win this year, I hope that jazzmoose or "Matthew Willi" does.

Love,

Ed

Here's the way I look at it:

This pool is for fun- no entry fee, no prizes. I get the competitive aspect and I get what Edward is saying- you have to have some boundaries. I play to win overall, but if I don't- it's not life-changing.

If you haven't made a pick (or picks) after the deadline and you send me a facebook message or post a message here before halftime- or send me a text- my cell phone is listed- then I'll enter the pick for you. You'll have to trust me about the facebook message. I don't think that gives anyone an advantage- I trust all of you. Many games have turned in the second half where the losing team won. This happened to me in week 3, 9 and 11- I didn't let anyone know what team I picked by halftime- so I lost out on those.

I rather not have someone get credit for a win they don't make a pick and the favored team wins. If you don't make a pick or let me know by halftime of the game in question- then you should be locked out of that game. That's my opinion- not a rule. I haven't had any issues with this at all. I know one week I missed a Thursday game and I didn't let anyone know my pick until at least after the fact.

I've said it before- this is OUR pool- not mine.I want everyone to have fun. If you all want to clarify some rules- that's fine by me.

Mike