Girl Scout Cookies

One of the most delightful surprises of my life was the day that I found out, having not bought Girl Guide cookies [that's what they're called here] for years, was that they weren't the fake Oreos and Vanilla sandwich cookies anymore.

The thin mints are a sign that we were meant to have small pleasures. I love them too and have to limit myself to four per sitting, or I would eat the whole box. YUMMMMM!! Yes. By all means, freeze them first. Improves them immensely and the chocolate doesn't melt all over your fingers.

AND you're helping one of the best service clubs for young girls. So, you're not just buying the cookies for your own pleasure, but for the greater good. Makes me feel almost virtuous, scarfin' them down. :D:D

While I like them all, Thin Mints are also my favorite but NOT from the freezer! Thin Mints should ONLY be eaten from the 'fridge.

Freezing temperatures and chocolate aren't a good mix.

Also good with a nice tall glass of buttermilk. ^_^

While I like them all, Thin Mints are also my favorite but NOT from the freezer!  Thin Mints should ONLY be eaten from the 'fridge. 

Freezing temperatures and chocolate aren't a good mix.

Also good with a nice tall glass of buttermilk.  ^_^

Thank you Chaney. I guess I just got used to the freezer kind because that's where they are and the urge to eat one is intense. :blink: Fridge sounds better and easier on my teeth. Thank you.

BTW, I hadn't thought of buttermilk as an accompanyment. Must try that. :D

Speaking of cookies, CHUCK, I'll see your shortbread and raise you my three-chocolate, homemade marvels. They involve liquid chocolate, chocolate chips, cocoa and coconut. Moist and really chocolaty, they are to die for, though I do say so myself.

Edited by patricia

Speaking of cookies, CHUCK, I'll see your shortbread and raise you my three-chocolate, homemade marvels.  They involve liquid chocolate, chocolate chips, cocoa and coconut.  Moist and really chocolaty, they are to die for, though I do say so myself.

So now we have a silly girl.

I guess.

We're talkin' cookies and the cookies I mentioned are the Cadillac of the cookie world, according to those who have tasted them.:blink:

We're talkin' cookies and the cookies I mentioned are the Cadillac of the cookie world, according to those who have tasted them.:blink:

Please don't tell me you are still stuck with Detroit iron?

:g . Seriously Patricia those cookies sound pretty good. Maybe you should introduce them into the Girl Scout mix :D . Until then I must vote for the thin mints.

Please don't tell me you are still stuck with Detroit iron?

:g . Seriously Patricia those cookies sound pretty good. Maybe you should introduce them into the Girl Scout mix :D . Until then I must vote for the thin mints.

OK, the Porche, the Ferrari, the '63 Jaguar sedan of the cookie world.:D

Chris, those three-chocolate marvels are THE COOKIES!!!! Pretty good??? Thin mints are pretty good. These were a burst of divine creativity under pressure.

I can barely cook, even at gunpoint and these cookies were accidentaly produced, one day when I had people coming over and nothing to offer them.

They were surprisingly good, considering that I made them out of stuff I had around the house. To me, chocolate is a staple, much like milk, eggs and bread.:D:D

Edited by patricia

am i the only person to hear the cookie monster's take of limp biscuits (sp?)

"i did it all for the cookie" instead of "i did it all for the nookie"

this was when napster was somewhat legal.......

i also saw the cookie monster on martha stewart's (pre-trail) show.

it was funkin' funny, he went to town on those cookies

cookies are like crack to the cookie monster

get the funk outta the cookie monster's way,

when he has a full plate of cookies in front of him.

ps

peter tosh could down a box, after that phat ass j

Edited by Soulstation1