Blue-Eyed Hawk

RogerF

New UK band Blue-Eyed Hawk have just released their debut album "Under the Moon" which I have reviewed "in another place". This excellent album is a mixture of jazz, folk and rock and I highly recommend it. Special mention must go to Lauren Kinsella whose vocals are eerily (in a good way) reminiscent of the late Sandy Denny and the magnificent trumpet playing of Laura Jurd (most definitely an up and coming jazz star). It's one of the best new CDs that I've heard this year so far.

http://www.editionrecords.com/artists/b-e-h/

Edited by RogerF

Thanks for the recommendation, Roger. Made me dig out Laura Jurd's earlier record Landing Ground. Will dl this when my e-music account replenishes next week.

Well I thought this one was definitely your cup of tea Bev. It seems to tick all the boxes. Don't be misled by the grungy thudding drums intro to the first track, it's really quite exceptional. Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for the recommendation, Roger. Made me dig out Laura Jurd's earlier record Landing Ground. Will dl this when my e-music account replenishes next week.

Well I thought this one was definitely your cup of tea Bev. It seems to tick all the boxes. Don't be misled by the grungy thudding drums intro to the first track, it's really quite exceptional. Hope you enjoy it.

Look forward to it.