Not for jazz fans of a nervous disposition

A Lark Ascending

"digs deep into the musical crate of history and comes up with standards including Summertime, God Bless the Child and I Cover The Waterfront."

That does not appear to be very deep. Those songs sort of indicate a lazy singer just once again taking a stab at the same tired old warhorses that far too many aging baby-boomer former rock stars have taken a crack at.

"Among some of the lesser-known songs such as Harry Warren and Al Dublin's September In The Rain and Memphis In June,"

Ahem -- lesser known by whom, exactly? Of course, I must admit, anything popular on radio today would be "lesser known" to me. (Also, the lazy style of writing would lead one to believe that "Memphis In June" is a Warren & Dubin song when it was written by Hoagy Carmichael and Paul Francis Webster.)

Edited by duaneiac

I confess to not knowingly knowing "Memphis In June", just looked it up on YouTube and got Hoagy's & Nina Simone's version...I think my time for grabbing hold of this one might have passed. Seems like the kind of song you hear once, say, o, j, ok, and then never miss it again. Of course, if I lived in Memphis (pleasurably), or was named June and had Memphis in me (again, pleasurably), I might feel differently, but if "if"s and "buts" were candy and nuts, then every day would be Christmas, and just as living hell would be if everyday was Friday, then so, this.