Durium R.I.P.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry to read the news.

Durium was one of those guys who always made excellent posts here and contributed to the overall success of this board. Through that, he enriched our collective love of jazz and in doing so, helped me, for one - enjoy jazz and and a grander scale, life, even more. His passing is a loss and I hope his family and friends - should they read this thread - understand that he had internet friends around the globe.

In the strange world that the internet has wrought upon us, I never knew Durium's name was Hans. Nor had I ever seen his photograph. Having this knowledge personalizes his loss for me now and makes me both sad that I never knew the person who was Hans, but glad that I was able to know him as much as I did through his internet presence. It's kind of a weird place to be I suppose, but it's mitigated by knowing that without the net, he would have never had the opportunity to share his love of jazz with me.... and us.

Rest in Peace and condolences to his family and friends.

Edited by Ed Swinnich

has anyone seen an obituary for Hans? that might be a way of sharing our condolences with his family.

I just left a comment on the blog, including a link to here - as someone's posted the news there, I hope someone will see it (comment moderation is on, so it won't show up automatically).

So sorry to read the news.

Durium was one of those guys who always made excellent posts here and contributed to the overall success of this board. Through that, he enriched our collective love of jazz and in doing so, helped me, for one - enjoy jazz and and a grander scale, life, even more. His passing is a loss and I hope his family and friends - should they read this thread - understand that he had internet friends around the globe.

In the strange world that the internet has wrought upon us, I never knew Durium's name was Hans. Nor had I ever seen his photograph. Having this knowledge personalizes his loss for me now and makes me both sad that I never knew the person who was Hans, but glad that I was able to know him as much as I did through his internet presence. It's kind of a weird place to be I suppose, but it's mitigated by knowing that without the net, he would have never had the opportunity to share his love of jazz with me.... and us.

Rest in Peace and condolences to his family and friends.

Ed really captures what I've been thinking about both Durium, and what happens when life - or more appropriately the end of a life - touches this community.