Jacques Thollot 1946-2014

HolgerFreimutSchrick

Oh no!

I met him along with his partner Caroline de Bendern - he was really warm, and had a very jazz, very sideways take on things. I asked him a question about some event in his early career with Barney Wilen - when JT was playing really phenomenally, in his late teens - and he started a long pondering about the elasticity of time, and how even the coffee cup in front of him wasn't in the same shape or place as it had been at the start of his sentence because the universe was in constant expansion, etc. Other people would have just said they couldn't remember the dates, but it was a lot more interesting that way.

Loopy, ambient musique concrete thing from his first album

RIP

Oh no!

I met him along with his partner Caroline de Bendern - he was really warm, and had a very jazz, very sideways take on things. I asked him a question about some event in his early career with Barney Wilen - when JT was playing really phenomenally, in his late teens - and he started a long pondering about the elasticity of time, and how even the coffee cup in front of him wasn't in the same shape or place as it had been at the start of his sentence because the universe was in constant expansion, etc. Other people would have just said they couldn't remember the dates, but it was a lot more interesting that way.

Loopy, ambient musique concrete thing from his first album

RIP

Haha, yeah, I really wanted to interview him but with my lack of usable French, it wasn't going to happen. Glad you got to have the experience! Sounds like a fascinating, eccentric dude (I wouldn't expect anything less).