Jeremiah Wright!

Milestones

Remember The Majesty of the Blues by Wynton? I thought it was a pretty good record except for the "sermon," with some crazy pastor going wacky about the death of jazz. It almost ruined the record; it's definitely something to skip.

Who was the pastor? None other than Jeremiah Wright. I wonder if he contributed to any other jazz records.

Chuck was referencing a line from Three Dog Night's hit from 1970, "Joy To The World." I always pegged Chuck as a closet Three Dog Night fan. :lol:

:D

But what does it mean?

MG

Per Wikipedia:

Some of the words are nonsensical. Axton wanted to persuade his record producers to record a new melody he had written and the producers asked him to sing any words to the tune. A member of Three Dog Night said that the original lyrics to the song were "Jeremiah was a prophet" but "no one liked that".

Chuck was referencing a line from Three Dog Night's hit from 1970, "Joy To The World." I always pegged Chuck as a closet Three Dog Night fan. :lol:

:D

But what does it mean?

MG

Per Wikipedia:

Some of the words are nonsensical. Axton wanted to persuade his record producers to record a new melody he had written and the producers asked him to sing any words to the tune. A member of Three Dog Night said that the original lyrics to the song were "Jeremiah was a prophet" but "no one liked that".

Thanks.

MG

I live in a world full of people who are crazier/nuttier/whateverer than Jeremiah Wright, that's what kind of world I live in. Nothing "political" about it either, mental instability is not a respecter of political inclinations.

Apparently my daughter does too...she was in a tire shop in Anaheim this morning, having not set foot in Texas since August, and some lady overheard her conversating about how she was from the DFW area and immediately threw a psycho rage fit demanding that she leave because she was probably "contaminated" with Ebola. YOU KNOW SHE TOUCHED YOUR PEN!!!! the lady screamed at the clerk.

And then there's my coworker who is stockpiling arms (all legally) because he lives out in the country and is worried that he might look outside one day and see a gang of Mexicans (well, it used to be Mexicans, now it's ISIS, they all come across the same border, apparently, and they all will cross his land and come inside his house, it's not a question of if, it's a question of when) and by the time the cops could show up, they could break inside his house and tie him up (and then, I guess, go back outside. We've never gotten that far in the conversation....) Never mind meth-heads from Wylie, which is an more likely a scenario, this guy's afraid to live out in the country because it's out in the country.

So, yeah. Crazy. Nutty. Moreso than Hermia Wright, because they can actually touch you, and who knows THEY'RE probably the ones with both Ebola and secret plans to cut across my yard on their way to Jihad after they tie me up, of course, wouldn't be a Jihad en Espanol without that!, it's all the same thing really, Domination Through Plague, right, all part of The Plan, anybody can see that. Ain't none of that on no Wynton Marsalis record that nobody ever listens to anyway, so who's the real Crazy/Nutty ones? Huh?

And Stanley Crouch - the nuttiest of them all! Coo-Coo-ville, baby! No sane person could bear the sustained burden of the massively & consistently unbalanced vertiginous blur that is his Bird bio, a sane person would either collapse, give up, or get a better editor on their own dime..."co-authors" I think they're called?

Wright is without a doubt a nutty MF'er and ranks up there with some of the nuttiest, but these days it's too difficult to make a call on the absolute nuttiest.

This thread does make me miss having a part of this forum to discuss current events of the political nature. Not that it's turned political, I'm just sayin'.

Edited by catesta