Mary Tyler Moore Wearing Jewelry You Make With Pasta

JSngry

Not just hot, but viciously, aggressively enticing. "Perky" probably means different things to different people, but to me it's essentially a flat-line of possibilities. Laura Petrie was indeed perky, but dammit, she had all the these facial inflections that conveyed the sense of if you want more of this, ok, keep on gettin' more of it, it's here, and don't think there's any end to it, because you'll die before you get to there. The more you get it, the more I'll make you want it.

Not particularly broad, but infinitely deep.

Not MTM, Laura Petrie. MTM is somebody else, it seems, although not without flashes of Laura Petrie.

MTM is probably a pretty complex creature.

She (MTM) was brilliant in Ordinary People, I thought, but so was Dexter Gordon in 'Round Midnight, if you know what I mean.

All speculation of course.

timeline-1961-moore.jpg

This is a remarkable photo, I think, of MTM taking a break from being Laura Petrie, on set, in color. It definitely looks like MTM, not Laura Petrie, and there is a world of difference.

I think she's beautiful here, but she's definitely not Laura Petrie, although in a few minutes, she was probably going to go back to being her.

tumblr_lbwhryD5hL1qcra2do1_1280.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbwhryD5hL1qcra2do1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJP67HANH6OVWEMMQ&Expires=1414016256&Signature=TMiLibzo0ZDYN%2Brbo4zBSlqPYH0%3D#_=_

On some of the earlier DVDS episodes the announcer pronounces her last name as "moo-er", then all of a sudden it turns into "more". What was up with all/any of that?

Don't know. Could it have anything to do with the ottoman-dodging change, or the change to the hipper theme music? :lol: I prefer "moo-er" (or "moor"). Seems like it was intended that way (I mean, there are two O's), and requires the speaker to make more of an effort and show that they care. I say burn a few extra calories and put the "oo" in there (or "Ooh", like you say when you see a nice spaghetti dress).

Fast-forwarding to the present, I've noticed that some announcers/analysts are pronouncing the last name of the Giants' Michael Morse as "Morris". One of them is Duane Kuiper, who is the Giants' LEAD announcer! :huh: