Sonny Rollins

Hardbopjazz

This is great. There is no question in my mind, Sonny was and is the greatest tenor player in the history of jazz.

Sonny Rollins documentary. You can download the film, the link is below. I haven't watched it yet.

Dutch TV – Documentary about and with Sonny Rollins

After many hours of interviews and filming, disagreements, cancellations, tonight the program is on Dutch TV http://www.npo.nl/live/npo-2 at 2300hrs. If you have a chance to watch it on the internet, do! The film will have Dutch subtitles.

Sonny was afraid that the film would show only a sick old man, so he was not too happy about it, but after long debates he decided to have another talk with them in last September. It seems that the footage in which was Sonny seen taken his medicine has now been left out and that there is focus on the future: a new album and new tour is coming in 2015. As Sonny put it:” My legacy is not yet there!”

https://mega.co.nz/#!WxQC1JgQ!3J_9lGASgOi3AtekPhTPkTbhXyWtC0IJQe3CwTKDayM

Actually, it premiered on Dutch television last Thursday (23rd) at 23:00. I didn't think there was anything shown that should embarrass Sonny.

People interviewed included: Sonny's brother, Clifton Anderson, Mark Soskin, Bob Cranshaw, Richard Corsello (engineer), Garry Giddins.

Edited by erwbol

The first link you provided is for a live stream of NPO 2. To watch the documentary on NPO's website click here.

To enlarge the image click on <- -> beeld vergroten bottom left.

If you're having trouble accessing the video from outside the Netherlands, click * instellingen (bottom right) and press the switch in the popup window. The player should start buffering and the video will resume after a moment according to the text in the pop-up window.

Edited by erwbol