Hum Dono

sambrasa

I don't know anymore what to wish they'd reissue. Hum Dono filled the huge gap. Maybe Guy Warren Afro Jazz album.

The early Stan Tracey's?... there's plenty of them that have never seen the light of day on CD.

I'd like to see the Tracy Ellington Big Band tribute "We Love You Madly" - upgrade my Australian Columbia LP copy

Has Joe Harriott in the band

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just arrived from Vocalion and listening right now. Very nice job by Michael Dutton. No information about the remastering except 'Remastered by Michael J Dutton' on the back cover. Certainly sounds great, particularly Dave Green's bass. Nice liner notes by Amancio's son, Stephano, in addition to MIchael Shera's original sleeve notes.

Very few Brit Jazz 'Holy Grails' left, with 'Le Dejeuner Sur L'Herbe' to come out next month, although the Tracey's mentioned above would be nice.

Strange click at 7.33 on Jaipur, not on my record. No reference to tapes on the CD. am guessing needle drop. Not bad sound though.

Anthony

Hmm, that's too bad, though I have Jaipur from another source -- Impressed (the Gilles Peterson compilation) -- so at worst I could piece the two together.

Very few Brit Jazz 'Holy Grails' left, with 'Le Dejeuner Sur L'Herbe' to come out next month, although the Tracey's mentioned above would be nice.

That one's already out, got mine 10 days ago or so ... will have to order the Harriott soon, too!

What's already out?......."Le Dejeuner Sur L'Herbe"? Still showing as due out on January 5, 2015 at Amazon.

I guess that must be the case (there's a few clicks towards the end of NNNT too). Not selling my vinyl yet (with its imprint of a past 50p pricing in the corner!)

Anthony

Interesting - decimalisation came in around 1972 so one must suspect that this one was a deletion from the early to mid 70s. Wish I had a Tardis to snag such gems at this sort of price !

• 2 weeks later...

My copy of Hum Dono was shipped from the U.K. on Dec. 5 & still hasn't arrived. I e- mailed them & received a nice reply thanking me for my patience.

Should I ask for it to be reshipped or for a refund?.

I'd hold on another week. Delivery times can really stretch at this time of year.

My copy of Hum Dono was shipped from the U.K. on Dec. 5 & still hasn't arrived. I e- mailed them & received a nice reply thanking me for my patience.

My copies shipped within EU, still have not arrived. I assume this happens due to holidays bottlenecking.

I'd hold on another week. Delivery times can really stretch at this time of year.

O.K.

FWIW, an order shipped from Japan on the same day arrived in 7 days

O.K.

Delivery times seem totally random to me. I'm still waiting on a delivery from Japan that was dispatched almost a month ago.

O.K.

My order shipped from UK on December 8th & the confirmation email put the expected delivery date at January 10th, so I wouldn't cancel anything yet.