Scott Hamilton - Stardust Live in Tokyo 1993

bebopbob

Is there any reason to anticipate that this particular live set is any better than the half-dozen or more he's put out in the last 35+ years?

I stopped buying new Scott Hamilton many years ago. I do however notice some recent releases I'd consider as they appear to be intriguing collaborations - one with Dusko Goykovitch and another with Jesper Thilo.

But another live date? Thanks but there's a lot more I'd consider ahead of that.

The man likes it and wants it - nothing wrong with that.

Dan, I would personally put it the other way around. Another studio date I might not be interested in, but a live date would be of interest to me. For instance Scott's new Smalls Live date is one I would like to hear at least, if not add to my collection.

And just taking a glance at the info. available on Stardust Live in Tokyo 1993, I notice it has Gerald Wiggins on piano. Now considering that Scott's best ever CD is arguably Radio City with Wiggins, Dennis Irwin and Connie Kay, I can see how this live date might be of considerable interest to Hamilton aficionados.

I did not know that about this release John. I agree - Wig in the piano chair makes this a substantially more intriguing release.

I've thought about that Live at Smoke recording myself but considering how many of his live dates I have, and that I've seen him twice, I'll still pass.

On the other hand, I am going to make sure that Houston Person's latest is on my Christmas pile, and I have his last 8 or 10 Highnote releases already. Not like there's a lot of variation but what can I say? The heart wants what it wants, just as the OP wants his live Scott Hamilton. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...