CONTEST: 2014 Grey Cup

At the half, it's Calgary 17....Hamilton 7.

The Ticats' offense was much better in the second quarter. Justin Medlock had a field goal attempt blocked - otherwise the score would be closer.

Mitchell continued to look great. He threw one 43 yards off his right foot while running to his right.

Jeff, no, Damon Allen retired a few years ago, and has been elected to the Hall of Fame. Did I ever tell you that he came to my 1995 Grey Cup party?

After three quarters, it's now Calgary 20....Hamilton 7.

The Ticats' time of possession in the third quarter was only a little over three minutes.

If there is no scoring in the fourth quarter, Hardbopjazz will be our winner!

Final...

Calgary Stampeders 20....Hamilton Tiger-Cats 16

Brandon Banks ran a kick back for a touchdown with 35 seconds left, but it was called back for a clipping penalty.

Bo Levi Mitchell has now won a Texas state championship in high school, a college national championship (I don't know the level) at Eastern Washington, and now the Grey Cup.

Congratulations BClug (who is at the game)! Please PM me your address, and I will get your Mosaic gift card out to you.

That was quite the finish--my voice is still hoarse from shouting during the called-back kick return. Hamilton was very undisciplined--too many stupid penalties. I was surprised Calgary only managed 20 points. I took my daughter to the game--it was her first ever football game and she enjoyed, despite the dull start and the endless TV timeouts.

Final...

Calgary Stampeders 20....Hamilton Tiger-Cats 16

Brandon Banks ran a kick back for a touchdown with 35 seconds left, but it was called back for a clipping penalty.

Bo Levi Mitchell has now won a Texas state championship in high school, a college national championship (I don't know the level) at Eastern Washington, and now the Grey Cup.

Congratulations BClug (who is at the game)! Please PM me your address, and I will get your Mosaic gift card out to you.

Thank you for organizing this! It's a fun annual contest. We were cheering for Hamilton (a relative on my wife's side once co-owned the team), but it was a nice silver lining winning this contest.

Bhreandain, your Mosaic gift card is on its way!

You know better than I do how long it will take to cross the border.

Would I have heard of your wife's relative? If not, who was the primary owner at the time, and about when was this?

Thanks! George Grant is the cousin in question--he was owner from about 1992 to 2003. I think he came out to a family reunion once, but not sure if I met him as it's a huge family.