Forum Posts Layout - How Do I Fix This?

Tom 1960

When I wish to read the responses to threads here on the forum, the layout now appears like this? How can I fix this and return this to the standard layout? This is quite

1_logo.png
Search Advanced
  • Search section:
  • This topic
  • Forums
  • Members
  • Help Files
  • Calendar
  • Blogs

<div class='message error'> <strong>Javascript Disabled Detected</strong> <p>You currently have javascript disabled. Several functions may not work. Please re-enable javascript to access full functionality.</p> </div> <br />
icon_users.png0
"); photo-thumb-635.jpg?_r=0
Can I edit my comments?
Started by fasstrack, Apr 11 2014 11:22 AM

Scott, I wish it was something as simple as refreshing the page. The board layout itself appears normal with all the sections and thread listings. The problem is when I access a thread to read the posts, it resembles something I listed in my initial post. I'm not sure how to correct this? I recently had an issue with a phony java update notice. It actually was a malware program. It appears I got rid of the program and subsequently have installed a new cyber security system Kaspersky, to rid any future irratants. I just would like to fix this problem. Strangely I do post on other forums and don't have this problem. Is there something as simple as clicking on some forum link to correct the layout? This might be something Jim Alfredson might have an answer to although all suggestions are most welcome. Otherwise in the short term, I'll just read the forums posts off the desktop.

. Is there something as simple as clicking on some forum link to correct the layout?

There used to be something like that, yes. The view you are seeing is called Outline, and it used to be something an individual user could set.

But I've looked all over and don't see that option any more. There are "themes" in the very lowest left corner in very fine print, but switching them did not change the view for me, jsut the "look" of the existing view, if that makes any sense.

I'd lean towards a browser-related fix right now. As Scott suggests, clear cache/cookies, maybe even try a different browser altogether.