Mosaic plans Beehive box

brownie

Michael Cuscuna who is currently in Paris for the release of the superb book of Francis Wolff photos by Flammarion/Yellow Korner mentioned at a news conference that Mosaic was planning to put out a Beehive box in 2015. All Beehive sessions would be in included except for the Johnny Hartman disc.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is some great news. :tup

I have Starfingers on LP, but otherwise don't have or have even listened to the rest of the catalog. Some great looking sessions. I haven't been doing a lot of pre-ordering from Mosaic lately, but this might be an exception.

Yes, it is good news. A real bonanza for bop fans. I don't know what the unidentified sessions are but I have 5 or 6 of theses sessions on LP. On the other hand, I didn't know there were so many releases. This looks like a 9 or 10 CD set. Wow!

I only have the Junior Mance/David Newman on LP, and it's quite good. I'm definitely interested in this set.

That's the only one I have, too. I was quite excited when I saw the thread title, but looking at the list that Soulpope put on earlier, I see the only other one I'm interested in is the Arnett Cobb.

Oh well. Better start looking on e-bay.

MG

This is just the kind of set for Mosaic. Often Mosaic sets include things that have already been reissued on CD. But the Bee Hive material has not, to my knowledge, shown up on CD anywhere.

Another similar concept would be for Mosaic to put together a set of the many Xanadu sessions that have not made it to CD.

Some Xanadu things were reissued on CD, but a large number have not.

I only have the Junior Mance/David Newman on LP, and it's quite good. I'm definitely interested in this set.

That's the only one I have, too. I was quite excited when I saw the thread title, but looking at the list that Soulpope put on earlier, I see the only other one I'm interested in is the Arnett Cobb.

Oh well. Better start looking on e-bay.

MG

The Cobb is good, better than the Mance IIRC.

I'm not familiar with what was released on Beehive ..... but I guess that's the attraction for Mosaic.

Highlights anyone?

http://www.jazzlists.com/SJ_Label_Bee_Hive.htm

Thanks for that, soulpope.

Just for interest, does anyone know why the Johnny Hartman has been excluded?

I assume because it was issued over the two "Bridges of Madison County" soundtrack cds from that movie?

gregmo