Grant Green french TV '69, 43 min of grant

chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

but he didn't know how to play rhythm guitar. i like grant, but those live 70's cd releases are kind of annoying in that after he finishes soloing and then plays behind the next soloists, he just plays the same exact lick/patern over and over for the entire duration of the tune.

a snippet from that video was first posted on youtube by an italian "collector" earlier this year. i unsucessfully tried to trade with the guy, who frankly acted like a huge jerk. i understand that GG Jr most likely got the video from that guy. i purchased it without any problems from the payloadz site. it's a good video, although a better drummer would have helped.

I still wonder whether the original film excluded Burrell's and Kessel's solos, or whether someone edited those out at some point. Between the two, I'm hoping it's the latter. Anyway, I'd be more interested in buying this if the performance was complete. I love Grant, but video footage of Kenny Burrell from that period isn't exactly growing on trees either.

is this a sketchy russian site i should not use? anyone in the US have trouble buying it. as long as it doesnt cause ID theft id do it in a minute

---wait i see it functions via paypal, that makes it ok- right? cause paypal processes yr card info not "payloadz"

Edited by chewy

• 2 years later...