More dumbass worship of MJ

2 hours ago, Soulstation1 said:

Box office number of 

$230 mil 

The number looks fishy to me

but good job with it 

you meet michael ?

$230!  Must be worldwide. IIRC did just under $100 mil  domestic.  Yes I met him and got many a Cuban cigar  from him but I don't think he ever knew my name.  

22 hours ago, medjuck said:

$230!  Must be worldwide. IIRC did just under $100 mil  domestic.  Yes I met him and got many a Cuban cigar  from him but I don't think he ever knew my name.  

How did someone with a philosophy degree wind up being a producer? That's a different combination!

18 hours ago, Matthew said:

How did someone with a philosophy degree wind up being a producer? That's a different combination!

My degree is in Drama and I wrote my Phd thesis on a film topic, but I  became a producer because a friend asked me to come to Hollywood and work with him. Basically nepotism but he wasn't a relative.   Until then I had been an academic but always interested in film and working on the periphery of he business-- eg as a critic and writer and distributor while I was teaching.

37 minutes ago, medjuck said:

My degree is in Drama and I wrote my Phd thesis on a film topic, but I  became a producer because a friend asked me to come to Hollywood and work with him. Basically nepotism but he wasn't a relative.   Until then I had been an academic but always interested in film and working on the periphery of he business-- eg as a critic and writer and distributor while I was teaching.

Sorry, in the dim recesses of the past, I thought I semi-remembered that you were working on a philosophy degree.