A Great New Album, by a guy named Jim Alfredson!

Hot Ptah

I totally recommend the new THEO album (available in download and physical CD form) by our host, Jim Alfredson. I read his posts that it is his prog rock project, that he is hoping to bring more melody into prog rock again, and that he was happy with the results. So I ordered the album.

I expected it to be pretty good, but I am floored by how good it is. The instrumental sections are excellent of course. The arrangements are varied and interesting. The vocals are really enjoyable, and the lyrics are very interesting and timely.

I have been playing this album repeatedly, and just loving it. Certainly anyone who liked the prog rock of the early 1970s will find a lot to enjoy here, but I think that just about anyone on this board would also really like it.

I bought it as a download-- I need instant gratification-- but can't figure out where the download button they refer to is. (Thought I'd post this here as well as on the website in case Jim reads it here first. )

Had a gig tonight and didn't get your email until late. There should be a download link the email from Big O that serves as a receipt. If not, please let me know.

I've listened to this at least 5 times since I received it in the mail. In a word - superb .This is definitely a record that continues to reward with repeated listening.

HP sums up the high points nicely and that's basically everything.

Like more than a few here on the board, I cut my progressive teeth on the likes of Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, ELP and Pink Floyd back in the late 60s and early 70s. I hear that foundation on this album - but it is no derivative walk down memory lane. It's definitely of the new modern prog rock school. The problem that I have with modern prog rock is that I don't have the time I'd like to really delve into it. The past few years I've really become of fan of Steve Wilson/Porcupine Tree and a couple of others but just have not expanded my listening. So Theo is forcing me to make time.

Great album

Listen loudly!