Ornette Coleman, New Vocabulary

xybert

With all the nightmare customer service tales we hear here about the faceless warehouse nameplate operations, it's a pleasure to deal with people who have a direct stake in delivering a successful outcome to a customer who has not yet had one. I've signed up for the mailing list, and will definitely stay tuned going forth.

BIG props to Amir & Jordan for the way they handled all this, very hands-on, effective, and personable. Kudos!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received this the other day, with, like @SMB1968, a sticker and a book of matches! The CD comes in a printed cardboard sleeve. Unlike the photo posted on the System Dialing site, the print is black and white (not black and gold/tan). According to the sleeve, it was recorded July 18-20, 2009. Sounds fantastic so far. So good to hear that Ornette Sound...

Later in the ’60s, he was one of the first jazz musicians to compose string quartets.

Is it true that he was one of the first? I'd be surprised if so - seems like others might have in decades prior.

• 2 weeks later...

Cd is available at DTMG based on the newsletter I got this morning.

Thanks for pointing that out. It wasn't showing up on their site at first, but it is currently listed as being available. I've placed an order. I'm really excited to hear it.

No problem. I just hate their ordering "system". So many times I've placed orders, nothing arrives and then I email them weeks later and they tell me its out of stock. I've also gotten emails that they received my order a week after it arrived in my mailbox. I know they're supposedly going to update their system, but I'll probably hold off until they do. there is still squidco.

• 1 month later...

Ordered the CD from the label last week, and it arrived today. This is the first time I have ever received a free pack of matches from a record label for a CD purchase.

I have enjoyed what I have heard so far. Driving in my car today, I found myself playing "The Idea Has No Destiny" on repeat. Should be my "Single of the Week" -- which means that it will be in heavy rotation on the iPod and on the car cd player.

I thought the CD was "out of print".

Looks like the CD option has been reinstated on the website.

Kind of a nuisance as getting the LP cost me around 60$ ... and they wouldn't even take it out of the cover - a small tear in the sleeve and a bruised corner for 60$ - definitely not nice.

I'd have bought the CD but was assuming I'd missed out on it (the option was gone from the available offers several weeks back already).