Vacation Time Again

Thanks to "alankin" for pointing me to this ancient thread.

Ann and I view vacations as an opportunity to connect with friends far and wide, and hope to connect with some folks via this place.

We will be in Iceland April 12-17 for some Roscoe Mitchell events involving the Symphony - don't remember if we have some Icelanders here.

Our July trip will probably be more fruitful - we "river cruise" from Amsterdam to Budapest and then travel to Prague. This is a 2 week + journey with lots of stops.

Some new connections would be interesting.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:06 PM, Chuck Nessa said:

Thanks to "alankin" for pointing me to this ancient thread.

Ann and I view vacations as an opportunity to connect with friends far and wide, and hope to connect with some folks via this place.

We will be in Iceland April 12-17 for some Roscoe Mitchell events involving the Symphony - don't remember if we have some Icelanders here.

Our July trip will probably be more fruitful - we "river cruise" from Amsterdam to Budapest and then travel to Prague. This is a 2 week + journey with lots of stops.

Some new connections would be interesting.

Any reports on your Iceland journey?

Still unwinding from the trip. After catching up on sleep we took a walk along the main shopping drag to get a feel for the town. Ann found a couple of yarn shops and I spotted a copy of Roscoe's Celebrating Fred Anderson in a shop window! I went in and left a card with the guy on duty. I was later contacted by a partner in the store and sold him a bunch of cds.

Wednesday night there was a scheduled jam session with Icelandic musicians at a performance space called Mengi - 6 or 7 different groupings of local musicians in short sets. Roscoe played alto with 2 of them.

Thursday night Roscoe had a solo recital back at Harpa (the great symphony/arts hall - google it) and delivered as expected.

I was able to attend two orchestral rehearsals with Roscoe and this was fascinating. Ilan Volkov was the conductor and is an interesting fellow. The symphony concert went very well but Roscoe's saxophone sound was projected better at the rehearsals. I imagine the tapes sound better.

After my brain clears a bit, I might have more.