Nessa SPAM

Chuck Nessa

If nothing goes wrong ( :o ) my reissue of Warne Marsh's ALL MUSIC (plus bonus tracks) will be out the week of March 15. As I posted in another thread, we will be gone from March 5 - March 14. List members can order for the usual free US shipping (discounts for others). If interested, contact me at cnessa@earthlink.net.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed Melvin before and remember your interest when you were here.

Responding to your email publicly, the price is $15 and if you send a check I will cash it now - I need it (to make this happen, I just spent $2000 I don't have and want to send Warne's widow a check. If you send plastic info, I will hit the account when I ship. Legalities, or I'd hit it right now!

I have noticed Melvin before and remember your interest when you were here.

Responding to your email publicly, the price is $15 and if you send a check I will cash it now - I need it (to make this happen, I just spent $2000 I don't have and want to send Warne's widow a check. If you send plastic info, I will hit the account when I ship. Legalities, or I'd hit it right now!

In the mail tomorrow a.m.

Let me get the conflict of interest out of the way up front - Chuck honored me by asking me to contribute a supplemental liner essay, and I did. For a Warne buff like me, it was a supreme pleasure. So that's that.

Now, speaking objectively - this is a SUPERB album, one I've treasured since it was first issued back in 197?. I've had the privilige to hear an advance copy of the CD, and I tell you - the sounds is incredible, perhaps the very best that Warne has ever been recorded, certainly amongst the very best.

But the sound is just the icing on the cake. Besides the greatness of the orignal album, there's some alternate takes on here that would be worth the cost of admission alone. Pretty mind-blowing stuff from a pretty mind-blowing player.

Unhesitatingly recommended, conflict of interest or not.

Edited by JSngry

Intriguing. I'm not familiar with this album (and only have a bit of Marsh to begin with). Is this Warne in a quartet setting or something more unconventional (for him)? And from the mid-70's? Is it a fairly typical date for him or something more offbeat and out there (as I'd expect from a Nessa release)? ;)

Might be a good opportunity for me to grab a few things I've been meaning to grab from Chuck...

Is this Warne in a quartet setting or something more unconventional (for him)? And from the mid-70's? Is it a fairly typical date for him or something more offbeat and out there (as I'd expect from a Nessa release)?

It is a typical quartet setting. Lou Levy (p), Fred Atwood (B) and Jake Hanna (d). This was the rhythm section of Supersax, the band Warne worked with at the time.

Intriguing. I'm not familiar with this album (and only have a bit of Marsh to begin with). Is this Warne in a quartet setting or something more unconventional (for him)? And from the mid-70's? Is it a fairly typical date for him or something more offbeat and out there (as I'd expect from a Nessa release)? ;)

Might be a good opportunity for me to grab a few things I've been meaning to grab from Chuck...

Uncle Skid and I heard a pre-release version of this at Chuck's house a while back. That was the first time I was aware of hearing Marsh and I was blown away. It is amazing. I've been waiting patiently for this announcement. :excited:

Will you be at Docker's on Sunday Chuck?