8th grade History test

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people gain their knowledge of history as adults.

I think that in most subjects teachers plant the seed and then it is up to as individuals to enlarge upon that over time.

Maybe today that's true. As far as history goes, I graduated from high school in rural Georgia in 1975. For those of us in that time and place, it was up to us as individuals to uproot the seed, make sure it was dead, and restart again with decent seed.

Really? So you're better at algebra now than you were in 8th grade, Brad?

Please...

Pardon me while I don my hip waders, because the shit is getting incredibly deep.

You just want to be argumentative and provoke a fight, don't you.

At any rate, there are certain subjects that I'm better than I was then, such as English and writing. Would I say I'm better at all of them? No, some, but not all. Algebra certainly isn't one of them.

While you're in those hip waders, watch out for your own.

Edited by Brad

No, I just hate snooty people who are completely full of shit.

First you say: "I would certainly hope I know more than I did in 8th period -- in most areas. Period."

Then you contradict yourself with:

At any rate, there are certain subjects that I'm better than I was then, such as English and writing. Would I say I'm better at all of them? No, some, but not all. Algebra certainly isn't one of them.

Here, why not take this test and post the results: http://www.free-test-online.com/middle/8th_grade_algebra1.htm

First you say: "I would certainly hope I know more than I did in 8th period -- in most areas. Period."

Here, why not take this test and post the results: http://www.free-test-online.com/middle/8th_grade_algebra1.htm

10/10 so I did better than the 26/30... given that I could hardly read English in 8th grade I probably improved in both (while my latin has almost vanished)... the algebra test looks fairly reasonable to me while the history was just a bunch of facts most of which nobody needs to know

Wow is all I can say :w

Sorry, but I have no interest in taking an algebra test. Perhaps you can start a separate thread.

Edited by Brad

8/10; I missed answering one apparently. I'd like to hear an explanation of why you think that Brad's second statement contradicts the first, by the way.