Fascinating new info about Louis Armstrong's childhood

Larry Kart

Interesting article. Louis owes his career in many ways to the Jones family establishing that home and his 1913 arrest!

I see from one of the reproduced newspaper items that Louis was leading a band that included Louis Smith, Richard Williams and James Brown - trumpet-heavy maybe, but there's a line up for you. Richard Cook as 'flag boy' too, before he turned to writing.

Thanks for posting Larry. What wasn't clear to me (unless I missed it) is who now holds these newly discovered records. They should be put into a safe place to safeguard them against further deterioration.

Edited by Brad

As for why the original title was mistaken for LANCE A. - easy to explain in my opinion. A topic (ANY topic) about THIS jazz person would have been much more appropriate inside the jazz forum (Artists? Misc. Music? Jazz in Writing?) and not in a multi-topic "non-political" forum outside the actual jazz forum. After all, the minutest trivia of the lives of other jazz personalities are evoked and discussed inside the forum too. ;)