I can't take the Deep

Soulstation1

If I was too patient, I apologize.  I wanted to make sure he had enough rope to hang himself.  Unlike the GregM banning, I see no one complaining about this one.

Jeez, I hope you don't think I was talking about you because I wasn't. I haven't followed DEEP's exploits here. I saw this thread and wondered what had happened THIS time. Turns out it's just the usual

Then may I suggest that you actually read a few of the threads before coming up with those sweeping generalizations?

Example: "How ironic that DEEP's chief apologists have washed their hands of him after he went after them personally."

I certainly did defend DEEP's right to participate in this forum; however, I am no apologist for him. I even enjoyed some of his posts.

I did wash my hands of him, but he never went after me personally. I saw him go after others with a vengeance. I saw the ugly side taking complete control.

If I was too patient, I apologize.  I wanted to make sure he had enough rope to hang himself.  Unlike the GregM banning, I see no one complaining about this one.

Jeez, I hope you don't think I was talking about you because I wasn't. I haven't followed DEEP's exploits here. I saw this thread and wondered what had happened THIS time. Turns out it's just the usual

Then may I suggest that you actually read a few of the threads before coming up with those sweeping generalizations?

Example: "How ironic that DEEP's chief apologists have washed their hands of him after he went after them personally."

I certainly did defend DEEP's right to participate in this forum; however, I am no apologist for him. I even enjoyed some of his posts.

I did wash my hands of him, but he never went after me personally. I saw him go after others with a vengeance. I saw the ugly side taking complete control.

I was speaking specifically of Patricia and Chris. There, better, now? I've followed their undying undevotion to DEEP for a couple of years and it's interesting to see them wax righteously indignant about what an ass he is. I could have saved everyone a lot of time and trouble and told you: DEEP IS AN ASS. I have no intention of reading his stupid threads. I'm not that hard up for entertainment.

O-fricking-kay?

Rainy, I can't speak for Patricia, but I knew a side of Danny that you never saw and could not possibly have guessed from reading his posts. Like Patricia, I gave him the benefit of a doubt, but you obviously had him pegged right before most of us really became aware of his ugly side. I will be quite happy if I never again see this guy on or off the boards. He is now self-destructing on the BN Euro BBS, and I don't know where he'll go after that, but I predict that there soon will be no bridges left behind him. In the past, he has evinced a sense of humor, but all his hangups, political and otherwise get in the way, I suppose, so he is now but a pathetic, destructive asshole (did I say that?) whose worst enemy is only as far away as the nearest mirror.

I was speaking specifically of Patricia and Chris. There, better, now? I've followed their undying undevotion to DEEP for a couple of years and it's interesting to see them wax righteously indignant about what an ass he is. I could have saved everyone a lot of time and trouble and told you: DEEP IS AN ASS. I have no intention of reading his stupid threads. I'm not that hard up for entertainment.

O-fricking-kay?

Rainy Day,

I know that you had issues with Dan when he was still posting at JC.

I am not his "apologist" and I don't appreciate being catagorized as one.

Perhaps you might want to read my comment on the other [*can't take the heat*] thread. I was asked about my tolerance and have answered that question as thoroughly as I can.

You and I have seldom seen eye to eye on anything, not just whether there is any good in some people and we will probably always disagree about who is worthy of redemption. Nobody is just one thing. Not me, not you and not Dan either. Wouldn't life be so much easier if we were??

Don't presume to judge my motives. You don't know me.

Edited by patricia

I found DEEP entertaining. Sure, he was a caricature of a total asshole, but so what? That was part of the entertainment. Perhaps I'd feel differently if he attacked me, but I doubt it. His posts attracted a great deal of morbid curiosity which I believe also engendered a certain guilt in those who were simultaneously attracted and repelled by his vulgar displays. I simply found him a source of amusement, and do not hesitate to admit I'll miss his wit and charm, as it were.

I was speaking specifically of Patricia and Chris.  There, better, now?  I've followed their undying undevotion to DEEP for a couple of years and it's interesting to see them wax righteously indignant about what an ass he is.

Well, Chris and Patricia have spoken quite ably for themselves, but I'd just like to throw my support their way too -- I think it's a classic tragic example of Hyde winning out over Jekyll, or the downward destructive cycle of too many years of things like "Peruvian Marching Powder" and unexamined inner conflicts -- there WAS once a good guy there who had personal off-line friendships with Chris and Patricia, but that good guy became harder and harder to find, and the bad one --

well, as Peter Johnson said elsewhere: 'nuff said.

I didn't find Chris and Patricia to be apologists at all -- they both called DEEP on a lot of things, to his cyber-face -- but rather people trying to give the benefit of the doubt to someone who had, in the past, been a friend.

Edited by maren

Rainy, I can't speak for Patricia, but I knew a side of Danny that you never saw and could not possibly have guessed from reading his posts. Like Patricia, I gave him the benefit of a doubt, but you obviously had him pegged right before most of us really became aware of his ugly side. I will be quite happy if I never again see this guy on or off the boards. He is now self-destructing on the BN Euro BBS, and I don't know where he'll go after that, but I predict that there soon will be no bridges left behind him. In the past, he has evinced a sense of humor, but all his hangups, political and otherwise get in the way, I suppose, so he is now but a pathetic, destructive asshole (did I say that?) whose worst enemy is only as far away as the nearest mirror.

Good enough, Chris. I'm not particularly interested in rehashing merde from another board. I don't take any pleasure that you are no longer friends with the guy. 'Nuff said.

I'll add my thanks to Maren and to those who see where Chris and I were coming from.

I believe I understand where you and Chris are coming from as well.

It's too easy to quickly dismiss people. DEEP shows flashes of brilliance and tremendous humor. As Maren said, he's a real Jekyll and Hyde. Some of us preferred to focus on the Jekyll side (myself included.) In the end, Mr. Hyde seemed to have overwhelmed the good doctor Jekyll.