Album covers with some type of psycho-thriller sub-text

sgcim

I'm snowed in with a lotta time on my hands...

That's Jim Hall and his daughter, he took her along on that trip to Berlin where he performed on the Jo Berendt conceived Guitar Meeting during the Berlin Jazz Festival, and recorded a nice trio LP on the side.

Not meaning to spoil your fun, but ...

Let me first state that this was not my idea- at least the start of it- it was thought up by a guy on another forum.

First, we know that Jan Hall, a psychoanalyst, wrote the title tune.

Second, notice the twisted smirk on Jim's face.

Third, notice the Bockwurst sign extending from Jim to his daughter, Devra.

Fourth, notice the obvious pleasure both Jim and Devra are having...

Do I have to go on? :crazy:

I know, sometimes a Bockwurst is just a Bockwurst... :tophat:

Well, my idea for the psycho-thriller is that since that is JH's daughter, his psychoanalyst wife has sent out a secret message, because that harmless looking, universally respected jazz guitarist is actually...uh, I'll leave that up to your pajamanation...

A German psychoanalyst jazz fan, still clinging to his belief in Freud, has deciphered Jan's desperate message, and tries to get in touch with Jan, but she is being held captive in the SUB-basement of the VV where her screams for help are being drowned out by the loud, distorted sound of the annual John Scofield Festival, which is going on for a month, 24/7.

The German PA tries to convince the police that Jim Hall is really a diabolical dude, but they too are big jazz fans, and refuse to believe the desperate Freudian.

This leads to the climax of the film, where the Freudian confronts the evil Jim Hall during a gig in Berlin...

Since that bald guy from the original film version of The Odd Couple is probably gone by now, we'll have to get John Malkovich to play Jim Hall.

Well, my idea for the psycho-thriller is that since that is JH's daughter, his psychoanalyst wife has sent out a secret message, because that harmless looking, universally respected jazz guitarist is actually...uh, I'll leave that up to your pajamanation...

A German psychoanalyst jazz fan, still clinging to his belief in Freud, has deciphered Jan's desperate message, and tries to get in touch with Jan, but she is being held captive in the SUB-basement of the VV where her screams for help are being drowned out by the loud, distorted sound of the annual John Scofield Festival, which is going on for a month, 24/7.

The German PA tries to convince the police that Jim Hall is really a diabolical dude, but they too are big jazz fans, and refuse to believe the desperate Freudian.

This leads to the climax of the film, where the Freudian confronts the evil Jim Hall during a gig in Berlin...

Since that bald guy from the original film version of The Odd Couple is probably gone by now, we'll have to get John Malkovich to play Jim Hall.

You have a vivid imagination, I hope.

You have a vivid imagination, I hope.

Imagination? Are you trying to say all of this never really happened? :crazy: