2015 Grammy nominations announced

GA Russell

Puzzling response to your initial question, Russell. I pay zero attention to the Grammys, but was curious enough to follow the link to see what was nominated, expecting - from the comments - to see nothing but Tony Bennett/Lady GaGa vehicles and the like. What I saw instead were several quite interesting albums that I enjoy.
I haven't heard the other three under jazz instrumental albums, but I'm having a tough time figuring out what's not to like about Landmarks by Brian Blade & The Fellowship Band or Bobby Hutcherson's Enjoy The View.
I don't have the Gordon Goodwin or the Clayton-Hamilton Jazz Orchestra recordings from 2014, but I have several by both groups from previous years and they are solid big band recordings with excellent playing and arrangements. I can think of other big bands I enjoy more than those guys, but I wouldn't think those recordings suck so badly as to warrant complete dismissal.
The Offense Of The Drum by Arturo O'Farrill & The Afro Latin Jazz Orchestra is a solid album that - as a special cast iron three star plunger feature - has a fine vocal version of Eric Satie's Gnossienne No. 3.

• 3 weeks later...

Puzzling response to your initial question, Russell. I pay zero attention to the Grammys, but was curious enough to follow the link to see what was nominated[...]

After checking out the list of nominees, I was puzzled as well by the negative reaction here. At any rate, congratulations to the winners and nominees.