• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, let good music get a bad rep instead of taking it yourself? That's a hateful thing to do to good music. And hate is for cowards.

Maybe the reason so many people hate good music is not because of the music but because of the hateful people who those records with scornful and other repelling intents.

Then again, if the music does not have a clear conscience, it's just sucking you into its devil-plan. There is always gonna be that types of music, especially in so called "rock music".

But a LOT of musics actually have a VERY clear conscience, it's the assholes who use it to project their own evil energies that are to blame for all the misconfusions in the world about it. This could be players, or industry types, or and maybe especially everyday people who look at a record as a weapon rather than as a message of truth.

People - do right, or don't do at all. I you use loving music for hateful intent, you are doing wrong. The price will have to be paid in the world in which you live.

I used to have a dedicated CD by a spin off of the punk band Neurosis that was supposedly field recordings of ants but just sounded like a cement mixer. It sounded and was pretty awful, but it did clear a room and, crucially, was at frequencies where it didn't wake the neighbours.

"clear the room"  :lol:...

Was at my neighbor's house yesterday evening and typically we hang out in the kitchen. When his wife is ready for folks to leave she starts washing dishes, running the dishwasher and straightening up all around there. She was literally doing that for an hour last night before anyone took the hint. At one point I set my water glass down and it vanished, into the dishwasher I guess. I said "Yall have an early morning tomorrow?" and she said "yep." Hint taken. 

3 minutes ago, Dub Modal said:

"clear the room"  :lol:...

Was at my neighbor's house yesterday evening and typically we hang out in the kitchen. When his wife is ready for folks to leave she starts washing dishes, running the dishwasher and straightening up all around there. She was literally doing that for an hour last night before anyone took the hint. At one point I set my water glass down and it vanished, into the dishwasher I guess. I said "Yall have an early morning tomorrow?" and she said "yep." Hint taken. 

Still subtler than Peter Brotzmann.

Edited by Rabshakeh

Just now, Rabshakeh said:

Still subtler than Peter Brotzmann.

Ha, yeah but it can be icy. There's got to be a musical equivalent of that. Thinking about it, I'd probably prefer the Brotzmann. At least it's obvious (although I dig Brotzmann, so as a room clearing mechanism for myself it wouldn't work). 

Just tell people, hey, it's been fun, but we gotta break it up this time.

Or as we used to say at the end of the evening, last tune, last set thank yous and intros all done, nothing left but - , Y'all don't gotta to go home...butcha can't stay here! GOODNIGHT EVERYBODY"

5 hours ago, JSngry said:

Just tell people, hey, it's been fun, but we gotta break it up this time.

Or as we used to say at the end of the evening, last tune, last set thank yous and intros all done, nothing left but - , Y'all don't gotta to go home...butcha can't stay here! GOODNIGHT EVERYBODY"

I have used Heino to break up parties, in particular this tune.