amazon.it sale

mjzee

king ubu mentioned in the classical thread that amazon.it is having a big box sale. I bought the Keith Jarrett Impulse Years box for 17,21 eur (price appears slightly higher on amazon.it but VAT is deducted when shipping to U.S.) which = $19.50 usd, and the Mingus Debut box for 19,83 eur, which = $22.47 usd. With shipping, prices come out to about what it shows in eur. Looks like that whole Italian Verve box series is on sale.

king ubu mentioned in the classical thread that amazon.it is having a big box sale. I bought the Keith Jarrett Impulse Years box for 17,21 eur (price appears slightly higher on amazon.it but VAT is deducted when shipping to U.S.) which = $19.50 usd, and the Mingus Debut box for 19,83 eur, which = $22.47 usd. With shipping, prices come out to about what it shows in eur. Looks like that whole Italian Verve box series is on sale.

I just went on the amazon.it site and these two boxes (Jarrett and Mingus) are way more than you paid. Did you just get lucky or am I looking in the wrong place?

Keith Jarrett - Impulse Years - eur 20,99

Charles Mingus - Leader on Debut - eur 24,19

They also have these:

Complete Bill Evans on Verve, eur 42,86

Complete Emarcy Clifford Brown, eur 32,65

Bill Evans Riverside and Milestone albums, eur 38,86

Miles Davis - The Prestige Albums, eur 22,99

Complete Charlie Parker on Verve, eur 34,03

Eric Dolphy - His Prestige/New Jazz Albums, eur 33,72

Complete Bud Powell on Verve, eur 20,70

Thelonious Monk - the Riverside Albums, eur 38,05

John Coltrane - His Prestige Albums, eur 33,93

Complete Billie Holiday on Verve, eur 27,99

Most of the sessions have good sound on the OJC original box set.

I have this set, and the sound is equivalent to the original bigger box on Fantasy. Note that unlike the original box, this box only has the sessions where Mingus was the leader, does not contain the Paul Bley, Hazel Scott, Four Trombones, etc. But the price is great. And you can get what you want of the other sessions on individual OJC CD's.

I just went on the amazon.it site and these two boxes (Jarrett and Mingus) are way more than you paid. Did you just get lucky or am I looking in the wrong place?

The price came out to be 34 euro including shipping which is no real deal........it charged me 14 euru shipping.......no free shipping !!!!

Well, of course no free shipping...it's being shipped from Italy. As for your 14 euro shipping charge, I can only say that my shipping (the 2 box sets + 2 individual CDs) came to 15,43 eur.

(I also bought 2 of the Atlantic pseudo-Japanese titles, both by Art Farmer: Live At The Half-Note and Sing Me Softly Of The Blues. 4,51 eur each.)

• 4 weeks later...

It's been almost a month, and I still haven't received my amazon.it order. I'm hoping it's just due to the bad weather conditions on the east coast. Hmmm.

That's almost certainly a factor, but transatlantic shipping just seems to be taking longer in general these days. I ordered a book from a bookseller in Germany in mid-January, and the delivery estimate was slightly less than a month. It took closer to six weeks before it showed up.

Keith Jarrett - Impulse Years - eur 20,99

Charles Mingus - Leader on Debut - eur 24,19

They also have these:

Complete Bill Evans on Verve, eur 42,86

Complete Emarcy Clifford Brown, eur 32,65

Bill Evans Riverside and Milestone albums, eur 38,86

Miles Davis - The Prestige Albums, eur 22,99

Complete Charlie Parker on Verve, eur 34,03

Eric Dolphy - His Prestige/New Jazz Albums, eur 33,72

Complete Bud Powell on Verve, eur 20,70

Thelonious Monk - the Riverside Albums, eur 38,05

John Coltrane - His Prestige Albums, eur 33,93

Complete Billie Holiday on Verve, eur 27,99

Complete Bill Evans on Verve for about $55 shipped. Thanks!

I got the package today, in good condition. It was interesting: the invoice inside the box was in Italian from amazon.it, but the box was shipped by Amazon U.K. Probably saves them on shipping, but I wonder whether that was part of the delay. Anyway, I'm happy; there's some great music here, and a lot that I'm looking forward to hearing for the first time.