Charles Lloyd first gig at the Village Vanguard in 50 years

Hardbopjazz

March 15, 2015 Charles Lloyd will play his first gig at the Vanguard in NY in 50 years. I am very excited to see him in a small venue. I'll be there for both sets.

It is the Lloyd's birthday March 15, juxtaposed with the Vanguard's 80th anniversary this will be a one great night of jazz.

Edited by Hardbopjazz

March 15, 2015 Charles Lloyd will play his first gig at the Vanguard in NY in 50 years. I am very excited to see him in a small venue. I'll be there for both sets.

It is the Lloyd's birthday March 15, juxtaposed with the Vanguard's 80th anniversary this will be a one great night of jazz.

Watch out -- he's performing with Jason Moran, so the usual crowd will be around soon to tell you how terrible it will be...

I'm actually swinging through New York but I'll actually be gone by Sunday evening. There is a small chance I could make the late night set Friday (where Moran will be playing (and murdering ;) ) Monk standards. Of course, there are other things I might do. We'll see how I feel when I get here.

Watch out -- he's performing with Jason Moran, so the usual crowd will be around soon to tell you how terrible it will be...

I'm actually swinging through New York but I'll actually be gone by Sunday evening. There is a small chance I could make the late night set Friday (where Moran will be playing (and murdering ;) ) Monk standards. Of course, there are other things I might do. We'll see how I feel when I get here.

Still, it is Charles Lloyd playing at a small club. Even if Lorraine Gordon was on piano and I would still go to see it.

• 2 weeks later...