2015 MLB Season - Let's Play Two!

JSngry

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got done watching the World Series highlights on the Giants Network Comcast. What a game seven! Wow.

I am just plain stoked for the season to start. :-D

GO GIANTS!!!

Every time I just think about Blanco & Perez screwing up that fly ball, I'm thankful that the Twins didn't send Alex Gordon. I'm still pissed off at them both, can you mess it up more than they did?

Buddy of mine who was in the Pirates organization back in the 60's (made it all the way to AA) was at the game with his wife, and they were seated just behind the third base dugout. He said Usain Bolt wouldn't have made it home on that play.

All the replays bear that out as well. The Giants defense was just as airtight as the Royals, and that would have been an incredible embarrassing way to lose Game 7.

Just got done watching the World Series highlights on the Giants Network Comcast. What a game seven! Wow.

I am just plain stoked for the season to start. :-D

GO GIANTS!!!

Every time I just think about Blanco & Perez screwing up that fly ball, I'm thankful that the Twins didn't send Alex Gordon. I'm still pissed off at them both, can you mess it up more than they did?

My heart just jumped into my throat when that happened.

But when Mad Bum induced Salvador Perez [whom I was surprised was still in the game after getting hit at home plate] into a pop-up, I left my seat!

Buddy of mine who was in the Pirates organization back in the 60's (made it all the way to AA) was at the game with his wife, and they were seated just behind the third base dugout. He said Usain Bolt wouldn't have made it home on that play.

All the replays bear that out as well. The Giants defense was just as airtight as the Royals, and that would have been an incredible embarrassing way to lose Game 7.

I agree, Scott.

It might have been close, but Blanco has a rifle for an arm.

The Royals will be back. Great team.

Edited by TimMcG

I agree, Scott.

It might have been close, but Blanco has a rifle for an arm.

The Royals will be back. Great team.

In the moment I thought to myself, "man, they should have just sent him". It had the look of an inside-the-parker, and Gordon does have some decent enough wheels. But, once I saw the replay from multiple angles I was completely convinced it was the right call.

The Giants are a class organization, and it was an honor to play them for all the marbles.

And after a 26 year playoff drought, to then go down to the last out of Game 7 against a team that can be truthfully called a dynasty…eh, I had no complaints. Panda winking into the camera as he was on deck may be one of the most classic moments in MLB history. And players like Pence, Panik, Panda and the Bummer made me an overnight Giants fan. There were no "bad guys" in that series. It was two good guys delivering haymakers, and one of them had to lose. I'm just glad we went down giving you cats everything we had.

Totally agree. That is why we love this game! Had it gone against my guys, I still would think it was a classic Game 7.

Toe to toe, nobody gave an inch. Just what you would expect in a WS. Tell you what, though, the Royals relievers are lock solid unhittable. Wow. Amazing pitching from those guys.

I agree.

Been a tough go for him with the prior drug and alcohol abuse.

Then there was that Dad who died trying to catch a ball for his kid. Josh Hamilton was his favorite player and he and Josh got watch the man fall and die. I have to believe that still affects him.

The radioactive creep of the Jerry Jones Death Mojo continues it was to his next-door neighbors. Pitchforks and bonfires and midnight husecalls appear to be the only remedy remaining.

Yu Darvish has sprained UCL, Tommy John surgery possible

http://www.lonestarball.com/2015/3/7/8166607/yu-darvish-has-sprained-ucl-tommy-john-surgery-possible

Man, Josh Hamilton. :(

Hope he can pull it together

It can't be easy for him

I agree.

Been a tough go for him with the prior drug and alcohol abuse.

Then there was that Dad who died trying to catch a ball for his kid. Josh Hamilton was his favorite player and he and Josh got watch the man fall and die. I have to believe that still affects him.

Interesting to see the sympathy for Josh Hamilton. I think that he deserves support with what he's going through. But 25-30 years ago, Steve Howe was vilified when he went through similar experiences. I guess times have changed.

Not that much of a Josh Hamilton fan here. Too much drama, not enough desire to be rid of it. If that's 100% fueled by his addiction, then that's too bad. But from all I can tell, his addiction is the sympton, not the cause, and he gives off a lot of vibes that he feels otherwise.

Not that much of a Josh Hamilton fan here. Too much drama, not enough desire to be rid of it. If that's 100% fueled by his addiction, then that's too bad. But from all I can tell, his addiction is the sympton, not the cause, and he gives off a lot of vibes that he feels otherwise.

Retirement will not be kind to him.

And, TBH, Steve Howe had like 30 chances to sober up.

The league gave him every possible opportunity but he still blew it. Darryl Strawberry wasn't much better. Then Stienbrenner would pitch a fit and the league would give Howe yet another chance.

Different world now, Paul.