2015 MLB Season - Let's Play Two!

JSngry

I would gladly see David Price overcome his post-season hoodoo in a Rangers uniform, but this year, I'm gonna be all Nelson Muntz about it unless and until.

Unrelated to post-season, but...The Inner Colby Lewis does not get much national press, not that the should, but here's why we love him here, and you know, not every hero is famous.

http://www.lonestarball.com/2015/10/16/9557895/colby-lewis-has-surgery-to-repair-torn-meniscus

In his season-ending press conference, Jon Daniels announced today that righthander Colby Lewis has been pitching with a torn meniscus in his right knee since May or June.  Lewis had surgery today to repair that injury.

2015 Colby Lewis - 17-9, an unattractive ERA of 4.66 and a non glamorous 1.24 WHIP, quite often got exceptional run support, obviously, but this guy..old school work ethic, fuck "I don't feel good", right? Just go to work and do your job, you're gettting paid to do that, so if you can do that, do that. I love that about anybody, athlete, teacher, garbage man, it's not about famefortunebling, it's about character.

This has been Pimp Your Local Heroes, we now return you to the 2015 MLB Post-Season.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amazing comeback by the Royals! Death by paper cut! One single after another.That's the way one of those commentators described the game 4 comeback against Houston, and it's happening again! For what it's worth, Pete Rose predicts KC in 5.

Yep. What they did to the Astros in game 4 of the ALDS, and what they did to the Jays yesterday, should not have come as a surprise to anyone who saw last year's KC-Oakland WC game. 

Listening to the Royals/Jays game on KC radio via MLB AtBat...is this Denny Matthews I'm hearing? Like him!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denny_Matthews

I listened to Denny and Ryan call Royals games on the radio for years. Funniest pairing you'll ever hear in your life. Denny has lost a step or two since then, but he's still one of the best. 

Royals seem to think the signs between pitcher and catcher are being stolen and relayed to the Blue Jays, per Fox announcers. Can't get in synch and establish a rhythm. Very strange.

You're not familiar with the "man in white" mythology there at Rogers? 

Do a Google search, it's pretty hilarious. 

Cubs looking snakebit, that last called strike to end the game, I'm thinking a bat should have been swung, just because.

Oh well, still Go Cubs, but Go Mets is not painful at all (once i forget 1969, not Cubs Fail but Orioles Crushed), except those solid colored blue jerseys...YIKES!

And Royals, hell yeah Royals, that.

(listened again to Royals radio on MLB AtBat and lol-ed at mentions of Tippin's Pies...they opened a location here a while back, and DAMN it was good, but the notion of a pie joint on Central Expressway in Plano, Texas did not capture the imagination of the Metroplexian Pie-Eating Public at a level that matched the DAMN goodness of the product. Alas.)

The way they coasted into the postseason had me wondering if they could even make it out of the first round. I certainly wasn't convinced that they could. Especially as ferocious as Texas was at the time, and Houston and Toronto both being very dangerous teams. 

I guess if I've learned nothing else about my boys over these past two seasons, it's that they need that pressure. They have to feel their backs against the wall before they kick it into overdrive. 

MLB and Fox must be shitting themselves. Though they at least either get Chicago or New York no matter what. 

I think MLB and Fox would be happy in that they will have one of the major markets in the WS, be it the Mets or the Cubs.  However, we still have one game to go; to a man, the Mets aren't looking past the Cubs and say today is a must win game. 

If the Mets get in, the ratings here will be huge, not that they aren't already.  Unlike past years, Yankee fans are rooting for the Mets.  Met stuff is everywhere and basically that's all people want to talk about.  Hard to fathom but it will be even bigger and I think that the story of the young arms and Daniel Murphy will be a great ratings draw, not to mention the Royals heading back to the WS and the comeback kids, etc.

I hope the Mets (as well as KC) can wrap it up today so they can save Harvey for the opener, to be followed by deGrom and Thor (Syndergaard).  As good as this pitching has been, and I've never seen anything like it, it even gets better next year when Zach Wheeler returns. 

Is that a Troll Face Mister Met, or are we just experiencing one of those wondrous moments in time when worlds collide and nobody gets hurt?

That's the original Mr. Met! :cool: The original mascot and the best!

Best of luck to your boys tonight, Brad! I'd love to see a Mets/Royals Series!

Same to you Scott.  I'd like to see both teams finish it up today.  They're the two best teams and it should be a lot of fun, when they both get there; we don't want to jinx them.

Edited by Brad

Yeah, Mr. Met definitely be trippin with those diamond pupils, unlike Jerry Cologna here who is probably just cokebuzzed, yuck, nothing is a badder scene than a coked up baseballhead...or a coked up anything, mailman, brain surgeon, lab monkey, anything. Say NO! to coke and YES to baseball, beautiful, beautiful baseball.

You go, Mister Met, stay beautiful!

Cincinnati_Reds5.jpg