2015 MLB Season - Let's Play Two!

JSngry

Well the Astros started out well in the top of the 1st vs the Rangers, with a Carlos Correa 2 run HR.  This kid's gotta be the Rookie of the Year I think.  Watched him a couple of times here in Corpus Christi this year before he left us and moved up - he's gonna be good for a long time I think.

Then the bottom of the 1st came around.  The Rangers scored 6 runs off of Lance McCullers, to only one out.  Jeez.  Easily McCullers' worst outing ever.  

This doesn't play well for the Astros, they really have no long relievers (as mentioned by the Rangers talking heads on Fox Sports SW).  

They do have some bats though, so we'll see if it ends up being a close game or a rout.  

Edited by Aggie87

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great debut for Severino tonight, spoiled by terrible support from NY, with an unearned run caused by Headley's throwing error and the hitters being handcuffed throughout the game by Boston's Wright.  Still, heartened to see him so do well in his first game... NY's going to need him, with Toronto and Baltimore coming on strong.  Yep, the AL East is going to get real interesting over the next few weeks--starting this weekend, when the Jays come to town for a three-game series.  If they hold on tonight they'll only be 4.5 games back of NY.

Dear Atlanta Braves,

Please stop that racist "chop".

Stop it now.

Thank you.

shouldn't this be addressed to the fans, and not the team itself? I don't believe that they have ever condoned it.

Well, I would agree if the stadium organist didn't play along and the scoreboard didn't have the tomahawk moving up and down.

Just sayin'.

Epic collapse by the Yankees in the past week, and it's all at the hands of the suddenly non-existent offense.  For all of the concerns about pitching, the starters have been stellar, and the bats absolutely abysmal.  Toronto won their 11th straight today and will be facing NY at home this weekend, with a chance to open up a decent division lead going into the last few weeks of the season. 

I realize there is a lot of baseball left to play, but how utterly stunning it has been watching both the Cubs and the Jays make a solid run at the post-season when normally they are collapsing around now.  The Jays in particular have decided they are all-in this year with some fairly brilliant trades that seem to be paying off.  It would really be something if it ends up Cubs-Jays in the World Series, though I don't actually expect that to happen.

The Rangers will not win the West. The Rangers will not get a wildcard spot. The Rangers might make it interesting for the next couple of weeks, but that's as far as I'm setting my Happy-ometer. Bats too inconsistent, bullpen still Mystery Soup, is that a potato or a fish head, no way to tell until it's outta the bowl and in your mouth, and by then, too late, what's done is done. The talent is there, America's got talent alright, but that ain't enough.

Quite apart from all that, though, Adrian Beltre continues to be A Superior Baseball Human Being.

Have faith, Jim.

The "experts" counted my guys out each and every year they won the World Series. It can happen.

Speaking of which...looks like Susac is back from the DL, but we sure do miss the play and bat of Joe Panik. Although, the MadBum came in to pinch hit for the Giants and promptly laced a single then scored later on in a 2-0 victory over the Cards. Our pitchers can hit!

Only two games back now thanks to Oakland beating the hated Dodgers. :D

Edited by Tim McG

Just loving this guy--new Core Four, here we come!

Why Greg Bird's coming-out party is no surprise to Yankees

Greg Bird 4, Twins 3

So glad that NY did not deal him or Severino (who's also been great, just no run support whatever so far when he's pitched) or Aaron Judge to land Price, Cueto or Hamels.  Wonderful turnaround by the Yanks in the past week after that dismal stretch in early August... I think they and the Jays are going to go down to the wire for the AL East title.

Edited by ghost of miles

I too am glad they didn't trade Bird or Severino for the services of a pitcher for a few months and then have to try and negotiate a long term contract. (Hamels has several years left on his contract, but he has a lot of miles on that arm.) No telling how those two will play out, but I'd much rather see what happens there than have the Yanks pay out big bucks to another hired gunslinger who will probably flame out halfway through his contract. Grow your own is what I want to see happen.

Bird has obviously gone to the Jeter school of answering interview questions, After yesterday's game, when he was asked what he'd remember about the game, his reply was, "We won the game."

That's a valuable resource to have off the bench: a pitcher who can hit.

Dodgers Giants should be exciting down the stretch because the loser is going home (unless Cubs collapse).

Yup.

It will be a great season if the Giants can boot the Dodgers from playoff contention. I seriously doubt my guys will be going very deep into the playoffs if they make it. So, this would be our WS.

Too many key injuries.