2015 MLB Season - Let's Play Two!

JSngry

Dan's "logic" is hard to contest. Using it shows my boys going 162-0 this year. I can live with that.

The AL Central is really going to be a bloodbath this season. I'm not worried about the Twins, but we're going to have to fight our tails off to win the division over Detroit and Cleveland. And likely have to battle both of them for the final wildcard spot...

This should be a really fun season. :)

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The start of the season for the White Sox is hilarious. They were shut out again today. 4 games so far, 4 runs scored, 4 losses, and our fielders have been dropping balls and our pitchers have been hitting batters and giving up runs like the greatest of philanthropists. If the AL Central is a bloodbath, here's who's bleeding.

The NL West had the worst collective record in MLB last year out of all the divisions, had two of the three MLB teams that finished with less than 70 wins, and most importantly was one of only two divisions in MLB to have at least three of its five teams finish with a record under .500.

The fourth and fifth team in the NL West finished 28 and 30 games out of first place. In the NL Central it was 14 and 17, and in the AL Central 17 and 20. Those are enormous disparities.

If it weren't for the NL East making a strong case, the NL West would have been the worst division in baseball last year. And it wouldn't have even been close.

The Dodgers and Giants are both outstanding teams, but the rest of the division is horrendous until they prove otherwise. It's the most lop-sided division in MLB, but not the most competitive by any stretch of the imagination.

The start of the season for the White Sox is hilarious. They were shut out again today. 4 games so far, 4 runs scored, 4 losses, and our fielders have been dropping balls and our pitchers have been hitting batters and giving up runs like the greatest of philanthropists. If the AL Central is a bloodbath, here's who's bleeding.

They still need some time to gel, IMO. You added a lot of new pieces this past off season, and the team had been pretty bad before that. Being a Royals fan, I've seen this movie before. Be patient, there's still 158 games to go. Edited by Scott Dolan

Yeah, I'm not sure what he's thinking there. Two of the best teams in MLB come from that division, but they have almost no competition within the division.

The Giants didn't win the World Series last year by getting lucky, that's without question. But, outside of the Dodgers they had no peer in their division. And truthfully, I don't even think the Dodgers were truly their peer. They just happened to end the season with a better record.

It's 8:30 pm, it's 7-0 Yankees.

So which is the real Clay Buccholz? The guy in Philly or the guy in the Bronx?

From many years of watching this over-rated POS, I am quite sure it's this guy, tonight. That's who will pitch, and stink up the joint 60% of the time.

We're back to the 2000 Red Sox, all offense and not a pitcher to be found. Actually I'm wrong that team had Pedro. This team has squat.

Yeah, I'm not sure what he's thinking there. Two of the best teams in MLB come from that division, but they have almost no competition within the division.

The Giants didn't win the World Series last year by getting lucky, that's without question. But, outside of the Dodgers they had no peer in their division. And truthfully, I don't even think the Dodgers were truly their peer. They just happened to end the season with a better record.

IMHO, and after decades of following the division, the team W-L records simply do not matter. Before the Wild Card, several times an NL West team did not make the playoffs and had a better record than teams from other divisons which did.

These NL West teams fight each other tooth and nail at least 12 times each. That means there are going to be more losses in the long run. Look at last year for example. The red hot Dodgers finish out the year by winning the NL West then the Giants took it all in the World Series.

In each of the previous 15 World Series NL West teams have been there 6 times, winning it all, 4 times. In the NLCS, the team to beat was an NL West team 10 times. In the NLDS, the team to beat was a NL West team 20 times.

Overall, the top three NL teams, NL West teams break down like this in total appearances in the World Series:

San Francisco/NY Giants- 20 2nd most; 1st in the NL

Los Angeles/Brooklyn Dodgers- 18 4th most; 3rd in the NL

In total WS wins by NL teams, San Francisco (8) is 2nd only behind the the Cardinals (11). The Dodgers (6) are 3rd.

By any measurement, the NL WEST is very competitive and pretty darn successful. Hence, IMHO,the most competitive, top to bottom, every year.

Edited by TimMcG

Ugh.

Giants have now lost four in a row.

I know it's early and I know i shouldn't worry. Yet.....

Really?!

8 games in? That's 4.94% of the MLB season.

If it were the NFL, it would be the first few minutes of the fourth quarter of the first game of the season. So if the 49ers were down 21-17 at that point, would you be worried about the season?

Of course not.

This is a marathon, stop thinking like a sprinter.

Ugh.

Giants have now lost four in a row.

I know it's early and I know i shouldn't worry. Yet.....

Really?!

8 games in? That's 4.94% of the MLB season.

If it were the NFL, it would be the first few minutes of the fourth quarter of the first game of the season. So if the 49ers were down 21-17 at that point, would you be worried about the season?

Of course not.

This is a marathon, stop thinking like a sprinter.

Thanks for talking me down, Scott.

Here's hoping for some actual run production.

Doing my RBI dance even as I type.

This was just too cool for words: Brian Stow, the Giants fan nearly beaten to death four years ago at Dodgers Stadium, throws out the first pitch.

76530030-e521-11e4-815c-331c740b8969_AP3

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/bryan-stow-takes-big-step-in-recovery--throws-out-first-pitch-153825811.html

Having been confined to a wheelchair and then a walker for the better part of last year, I can definitely relate.

Edited by TimMcG

So, I leave the house for a great night out hearing modern classical music and I get back home to find out that Josh Hamilton is heading back to the Rangers? #SorryBaseballMyNutsAreNotThereForYouToKickThemAtYourEveryWhim

I read about that this morning.

What is the wisdom behind this?

BTW....I took in the Giants vs Dodgers get away game on Thursday afternoon.

One word: SWEEEEEP! :tup:cool::D

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/120120240/giants-sweep-dodgers-with-back-to-back-walk-off-wins

That Jerry Jones will eventually kill everything within a 500 mile radius?

Could be.

He seriously needs to be doing something else.